Thread: R65 odometer/trip problems

R65 odometer/trip problems

I learn so much from this forum, hoping somebody can help me out on this one: My trip meter has always been hard to reset, but now it and the odometer seem to have stopped working completely. The speedo still works, so I think the cable's fine. I have heard of Palo Alto Speedometer. Does anybody know of how I get this thing fixed without spending as much as a new one ($250)? I've heard it's not something a shade tree mechanic like me would want to attempt, unless you're a watch maker or something. Thanks!

dlearl476
    Is $250 a quote you got from PAS? I've dealt with them several times and they are top notch. Generally, when they give you a quote, it will be a "worse case scenario". I don't think it was $250 to RESTORE my R60 instrument and that was a lot more involved than what you need. Chances are it will be a lot less than that, and they'll call with a firm estimate when they get your clock.
    It was going to be almost $200 to restore my Ducati "A.Rolle" Speedo, but that's a rare bit that PAS had to order parts for not to mention a COMPLETE restoration. I opted for a NOS Veglia for $80 instead.

odometer

Thanks David: The $250 quote was from Max's to simply replace the instrument. I emailed Palo Alto to see how to go about this.

AmonTobin

This may help

This article on Airhead speedo repair my help. Great write-up with a lot of pics.