Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Motorcycle Superstore - Bad Experience

I have ordered from them many times with zero problems. Even had to return an idem for a size change a week before leaving on a motorcycle trip and they bent over backwards to help me.

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurshort View Post
    When it comes to dealing with businesses giving them slack is one thing. Not expecting too much out of them is another. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and exercising patience is commendable.
    But the idea that we should settle for mediocrity is unacceptable. If a company isn't going out of their way to be the best company they can be. Then it is a mediocre company at best. I prefer a higher standard to throw my money at.
    Once again, during the highest volume time of the year,and the biggest sale of the year, on a clearance item that was supposed to be in stock at the manufacturer, I don't think that KLENNOP was treated unfairly, discourteously or unprofessionally. Stuff happens.

From my experiences and it appears from everyone else that has responded, Motorcycle Superstore provides excellent service at a great price.

To bad mouth them for what appears to be unrealistic expectations and to suggest others do not shop there is only doing a disservice to the buying public. You may decide to not take advantage of their savings, but to do so thinking that you might be treated poorly, does not seem to be the case.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

ARTHURSHORT
    Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Once again, during the highest volume time of the year,and the biggest sale of the year, on a clearance item that was supposed to be in stock at the manufacturer, I don't think that KLENNOP was treated unfairly, discourteously or unprofessionally. Stuff happens.

From my experiences and it appears from everyone else that has responded, Motorcycle Superstore provides excellent service at a great price.

To bad mouth them for what appears to be unrealistic expectations and to suggest others do not shop there is only doing a disservice to the buying public. You may decide to not take advantage of their savings, but to do so thinking that you might be treated poorly, does not seem to be the case.

Believe it or not the highest volume time of the year and the biggest sale of the year come around every year. It is your prerogative to believe that stuff happens and Klennop was treated fairly, courteously and professionally. I also believe that they have provided you with excellent service at a great price. I would beg to differ with you on the statement that everyone else that has responded agrees with you. If you were to go back and read all the replies you might agree with me.
    If you were to reread my reply you may notice that I never mentioned Motorcycle Superstore by name nor did I in any way 'Bad mouth' Any company or person. Neither did I suggest to any one not to shop there or anywhere else for that matter. Having yet to make a decision whether or not to take advantage of their savings, I would rather keep an open mind and decide that at the proper time.
    Please take this into consideration my reply was the statement of a philosophy not a Slam. Thank You. I do hope this is able to explain my statement and I believe I am able to understand yours.

3 Red Bricks
    Arthur:

Sorry, I did not mean that YOU were slamming them. I was meaning KLENNOP.

The problem is that you seem to be taking his word that they are not a good business.

There were 11 other people who responded that had done business with Motorcycle Superstore and EVERYONE of them said that they got excellent service from them. Remember ChiTown changed his vote after MS bailed him out when he was in a pinch.

So I see that as 11 to 1 IN FAVOR OF MS, and the 1 had extenuating circumstances. I'll take those odds any day.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

ARTHURSHORT
    [QUOTE=98lee;417038]Arthur:

Sorry, I did not mean that YOU were slamming them. I was meaning KLENNOP.

The problem is that you seem to be taking his word that they are not a good business.

There were 11 other people who responded that had done business with Motorcycle Superstore and EVERYONE of them said that they got excellent service from them. Remember ChiTown changed his vote after MS bailed him out when he was in a pinch.

So I see that as 11 to 1 IN FAVOR OF MS, and the 1 had extenuating circumstances. I'll take those odds any day.

[/QUOTE

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Please don't misunderstand when I say that I am not taking his word that they are not a good business any more than I would take your word that they are.
    I wouldn't say that ChiTown changed his vote. But rather he had two votes. I also believe that KLENNOP also would have two votes if he had the same exact experience as ChiTown.
    I choose excellence over mediocrity no matter what the business or the service.
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to listen to me and the effort to reply to my postings. I believe that I am able to understand why you feel as you do and I have learned from your patience and understanding. And in the end I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you, Arthur Ride Safe!

3 Red Bricks

Now, let's go ride. It's a beautiful morning and I've got some tires and gas that I've got to burn up before the Super Bowl.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Only thing I get from this is that it started on 12/20... Five days before Christmas.
    I can't even imagine all the hassles operators have to deal w/ because folks think they are the only one calling.
    Not that I'm saying the OP is, but it does seem kinda trivial for such a blow back for multiple site/BB postings. I'm in agreement w/ the comment "Lower your expectations".

I'm in the sticks in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains and got my tires in two days.
    No complaints here. Then again, I don't go to shopping malls or order items online that close to the Holiday Season.
    Operators are not always standing by.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Beemor

Motorcycle Superstore

Hello all,
    Let us keep in mind this forum wasnÔÇÖt set up to bash or get even with suppliers we are unhappy with. I work for a company that when customerÔÇÖs donÔÇÖt get theyÔÇÖre way they threaten to get on the message boards and bash us.
    Lets all remember we are BMW owners for a reasona touch more class.
    Beemor2

Muneio

Motorcycle Superstore

Have used them numerous times a few returns and exchanges no problems will use again.

Motorcycle Superstore

I've ordered lots of things from them over the past 4 years.....5 jackets, pants, accessories, tires. I've sent jackets back that haven't fit right, exchanged for other sizes or refunds, sent a jacket in for zipper repair (under warrantee). I've had nothing but the best service available and usually free shipping and no sales tax. Can't beat that.

As for phone service, I've called several times, no issues for me. Of course, I do live on the west coast, so the timing of my calls may not be such an issue. When I call shops on the east coast I gotta call at the crack of dawn because they are closed by the time I get off work....so that timing issue works both directions.

Sorry you had such a made experience. Just want others to know that is not the usual service I get from them.

guzzirider

Motorcycle Superstoe

I've ordered 4 tires at different times from them and never had any problems. I would use them again.