Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Superstore - Bad Experience

KLENNOP
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAG View Post
    So why are you making a big deal out of it? Your profile shows you don't have a bike and you have at least 3 months of Winter left
    Well lets see.......

1. I was hoping this wouldn't happen to another person and they know what could happen to them if they did order from M.S. This is just my experience, nobody had to comment or post anything and I don't recall asking anyone to? Everyone has and is allowed to form their own opinion on the topic and I don't think I am making it a big deal involving you personally. I don't think I made you read this or post on here so there is no big deal?

2. What if I wouldn't have been able to get the same suit for the same price from another place because of the delay from M.S? That wouldn't have changed my experience with M.S. at all, it was still a bad experience and that is what I posted.

3. In my initial email to M.S. I said I would possibly post my experience on some of the online forums I frequent. So I am following through with what I had initially said I was going to do. I am a man of my word.

As for my profile not showing any bikes, sorry that isn't up to date. Neither is yours, or it just doesn't match your sig. I have a 04 R1100S with a bunch of mods and my girlfriend has a 07 F800S. We may add a track bike this summer or a supermoto bike but that is up in the air yet. I would also like to swap my R1100S for R1200S but I would be sacrificing some comfort so???

Also as far as having 3 months of winter left, you are correct but I guess I like to plan ahead and have things ready before the riding season is here. Plus buying gear in the winter keeps me doing something motorcycle related since we can't ride the streets and usually gear is cheaper.

Hope that explains everything.

KLENNOP
    Looks like I found another good place to order items from. I got this sent to me via P.M. WOW!!!!! Talk about awesome customer service from a company that I never even ordered anything from! They also do price matches, free shipping above a certain amount, and have a great selection!

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me reaching out to you, but I am one of the partners at RevZilla Motorsports (http://www.revzilla.com). I just read your post about the awful shopping experience you had.

Myself and 2 others started our company 13 months ago because we were fed up with the level of service out there and thought we could do one better by offering a better customer experience then the competitors out there

**** happens, but its the retailer's responsibility to make things "right". It hasn't always been easy, but we have managed to be on the ResellerRatings top stores page for the last 6 weeks. http://www.resellerratings.com/topstores.pl

Anyway, I am writing you because I would like you to give us a shot. And since Motorcycle Superstore wouldn't make it right, we will. If you can give me your email address I will give you a $50 store credit with us.

Either way, I didn't think it would hurt to reach out. Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

ChiTown

Thumbs up Taking it Back

Earlier I had posted about my bad experience with motorcycle superstore....

I'm currently on a long winter ride, in Texas I had a flat rear tire that I could not fix, having a 3 inch tear in my Scorpion Sync. I replaced it with what was available at the time with a Bridgestone Battleaxe BT something or other. Anyways, this tire sucks for my purposes and after riding up the coast and on 70 miles of ice to get over the pass and into Bend, OR I needed to get a new Scorpion Sync ASAP to help me get out of the snow and back to the coast....
    Motorcycle Superstore's service was great, fast, cheap, and on time getting me a new tire in 1 day with free shipping.
    I want to take back my ill thoughts of M.S., and am very happy with their service.
    In my field you're only as good as your last gig and they came through for me... now if the weather would just cooperate!

Where was that picture taken?
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

ChiTown
    HWY 138 near Diamond Lake OR. 4 days ago.
    Ice with gravel on top, serious pucker factor... there's more on my site.

Here's my SPOT track for the past few weeks:

Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Motowalt
    I've had good luck with Motorcycle Superstore.
    Best prices on tires and fast shipping.

Also had good luck with Revzilla. Best prices on boots and superfast shipping as well.

I've also had good luck with my local MC shops when I need personal service or just want to see a part or accessory up close. A big thumbs up to Jim at Cycle Clinic in Des Moines, Iowa and Adam at Alamo Cycle Plex in San Antonio, TX!

Consistantly best deal on tires is Soutwest Moto.

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/mer...tore_Code=SWMT

Free freight when you buy 2 tires. Listed price is usually 10-15% less, then throw in freight=good deal. Hae been using them for allmost 10 years. I check their prices every time out.

Once in a while they miss it, but not often.
    T

Usually go with SWMoto or Competition Accessories(Tire Express), however yesterday Moto Superstore had the best deal on a set of Tourances by $14 and also free shipping. UPS tracking has them on the way. First try with them on tires,but so far,so good.Comp Acc did not have any Tourances this time, they usually are right in line with SWMoto.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

BUDDINGGEEZER
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Usually go with SWMoto or Competition Accessories(Tire Express), however yesterday Moto Superstore had the best deal on a set of Tourances by $14 and also free shipping. UPS tracking has them on the way. First try with them on tires,but so far,so good.Comp Acc did not have any Tourances this time, they usually are right in line with SWMoto.
    I just purshased a set Of Avon Storms from Motorcycle Pro Shop. They beat the above even paying shipping. The tires were even shipped in a box. I never had that before. tire build date 2908.

I have made several purchases at Competition Accessories and will make more.

In case anyone is interested.

Ralph Sims

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeemrTim View Post
    Consistently best deal on tires is Soutwest Moto.

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/mer...tore_Code=SWMT

Free freight when you buy 2 tires. Listed price is usually 10-15% less, then throw in freight=good deal. Have been using them for almost 10 years. I check their prices every time out.

Once in a while they miss it, but not often.
    T
    NOT EVEN CLOSE for Lasertechs for K75S or K100s. Motorcycle Superstore is $9 less for the front and $8 less for the rear. If you only need one tire Southwest Moto charges an additional $14. Motorcycle Superstore will send one tire for FREE. That's $23 less for a front or $22 less for a rear. $17 less for a pair.

The Lasertechs have ALWAYS come within 3 days and had Mfr dates less than 3 months old. I've ordered 10 tires, three helmets, a battery tender, jumper cables, and a few other things from them. Probably 8 or 9 orders total with nothing but the best service. Even had to return one helmet and exchange another (fit issues) with nothing but the most courteous and cheerful service.

KLENNOP:

If any one believes that your phone experience is typical try calling them now or anytime toll free 1-877-668-6872.

You might want to think back about your expectation of perfection:

You ordered something 12 days before Christmas.

It is the busiest time of the year for any retail business.

Phone lines ARE going to be jammed during that time of year.

They had a huge sale going on plus the $50 gift cert. thing.

It was a CLEARANCE item.

It had to come from the mfr.

It stated on the web site: "USUALLY" leaves the warehouse in 3 days.

You didn't mention if the place you finally bought the leathers from gave you the same price AND the $50.

You are out nothing other than 20 min. on the phone and a few e-mails. And now to really show them, you now longer are going to use an excellent supplier.

I believe that you have to cut suppliers SOME slack during high business times.

I'd hate to see how upset you'd get if your favorite liquor store didn't have your favorite potatoe chips an hour before Super Bowl kick off.
    Last edited by 98lee; 01-27-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Peter_Krynicki
    I just ordered and received a jacket from Motorcycle Superstore. Very low price on a close-out item and free upgrade to 2nd day shipping.

Is there a store that no-one has had a problem with over the years? I doubt it.

scqtt
    Mailorder?

Superstore? What store? they are a website that dropships from distributors. It is not a great price if you never get it, is it?

They are at the mercy of their suppliers. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a production run of garments out of China?

Good luck. I think you might need to lower your expectations a notch or two or you will live life very unhappy.

bgillie
    Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
    Mailorder?

Superstore? What store? they are a website that dropships from distributors. It is not a great price if you never get it, is it?

They are at the mercy of their suppliers. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a production run of garments out of China?

Good luck. I think you might need to lower your expectations a notch or two or you will live life very unhappy.

If you're referring to Motorcycle Superstore, then your statement is simply not true.

From their FAQ page:
    Q) Do you drop ship straight from the manufacturer?
    A) No, all items that are not directly in-stock must be received at our warehouse before we can ship to you.

I've ordered a few things from them without any problems. When you add something to your cart on their website it will also tell you if it's in stock in their warehouse or not. Everything I've received from them came in a Motorcycle Superstore box along with a copy of their magazine.

I'm not trying to say that they are the best. There are plenty of other great websites that I have ordered from, plus all of the business I've done with my local dealer. I just didn't think it was fair to say that someone conducts business in a certain way when they do not.

ARTHURSHORT

Bad Experience

When it comes to dealing with businesses giving them slack is one thing. Not expecting too much out of them is another. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and exercising patience is commendable.
    But the idea that we should settle for mediocrity is unacceptable. If a company isn't going out of their way to be the best company they can be. Then it is a mediocre company at best. I prefer a higher standard to throw my money at.

Got my tires delivered on Friday as promised from Superstore...3 days from order date...only prob was on my end as I was out riding when they came
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait