Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Superstore - Bad Experience

KLENNOP

Motorcycle Superstore - Bad Experience

I just thought I would share with everyone the experience I had with motorcycle superstore. It was less than super. Here is a link to the site where I posted all the contact back and forth, instead of retyping it here.

http://fvsr.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1229790744

I am planing to order some ride gears from them. I am sure I changed my mind now! Keep looking!!!!!

Ymmv

for what it is worth, multiple time in the past I've ordered, paid, and my stuff was shipped to me.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Over the past 5 or 6 years, I've bought a lot of gear from them and sent a lot of stuff back for either a return or another size. Never had any trouble and was always able to get someone on the phone for RMA's.

Many retailers like MC Superstore drop-ship from the manufacturers, and while I haven't had any delay from them, it happens that the manufacturer isn't giving the retailer accurate inventory info.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I've never had any problems with them.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

ChiTown

Thumbs down Me too.

I was screwed around by them. They never shipped an order, and after numerous emails with no replies over weeks I had to have my CC company reverse the charges.
    I will never consider ordering from them again.

rlswim
    Never had problems with them (4 orders).

[QUOTE=ChiTown;403357]and after numerous emails with no replies over weeks I had to have my CC company reverse the charges.[ /QUOTE]

Email is neither secure nor reliable.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

You placed your order "on-line" as far as I could make out...right?

There is usually a "comments" or "special instructions" window when placing on-line orders and I always specify that this order is only valid IF: 1) the item is in stock and ready for immediate shipment and 2) my charge card is only to be billed when the order actually ships.

If the store fails to comply with those instructions, as far as I am concerned, the order is null and void.

And in the end, I've placed countless orders south of the border and have never had a problem, as I usually call first and speak to someone in person.

KLENNOP
    yes I placed the order online and it had a green dot that said

"Usually leaves our warehouse in 3 business day(s). "

That tells me the item is in stock, otherwise they should put a disclaimer that the item is in low stock and possibly not available because our website may not reflect up to date stock.

Instead my item is still listed there after all this with the green dot, which in turn will just burn someone else down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by klennop View Post
    yes I placed the order online and it had a green dot that said

"Usually leaves our warehouse in 3 business day(s). "
    That's code for "our supplier will ship it if/when they get around to it". If they say same day shipping, they already own it. Personally, I'd rather do biz with New Enough if possible.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

If you have ever worked in any kind of warehouse, you will know the computer is often inaccurate. Closeouts are where this really rears it's head. If you have 5 in stock, and someone orders 1 they are fairly certain to get one. When it says one then it is a crap shoot.

This does not excuse them, but only indicates you can not trust the inventory on closeouts.

They did a drop ship, and the manufacturer may not be very accurate. Often this is one of the reasons a manufacturer chooses to use retailers. It makes it hard for the retailers. This is really common.

Sometimes understand helps soften the displeasure.

My .02

Rod

13. 12-27-2008, 06:52 PM
    Reason
    pissing up a rope

I always wanted to use this smiley...
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

KLENNOP
    Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    If you have 5 in stock, and someone orders 1 they are fairly certain to get one. When it says one then it is a crap shoot.
    There was nothing mentioning only one left, if that was the case I would understand and it wouldn't be a big deal. It would have been a crap shoot. However the waiting of 7 days to let me know that I am not getting the item after speaking with someone the day before saying the items will ship ASAP and be sent one day shipping, that was the kicker. In 7 days you can miss out on another deal from another site. Which luckily I didn't miss out on anything because I ordered the same suit for the same price from a sportbiketrackgear.

Quote Originally Posted by klennop View Post
    Which luckily I didn't miss out on anything because I ordered the same suit for the same price from a sportbiketrackgear.
    So why are you making a big deal out of it? Your profile shows you don't have a bike and you have at least 3 months of Winter left
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200