Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Zumo 660

  1. #16
    Almost famous firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27
    Thanks for posting the link also. Looks like I might be getting another Zumo. It would be cool if they would provide updates with those new features for the 550, therefore saving people money. But I might be asking too much on that front. Also, a lot cheaper then the 550. Anyway, I will be looking at the new Zumo when it comes out and planning on how I'm going to sell my first child to get it and I don't even have any kids.
    Recycling saves the Planet. Peace saves lives.
    '05 BMW F650cs
    MOA, BMWBMW, BMWRA, AMA, Black Belt Gang,
    MSF, Rider's Edge instructor IBA#35617

  2. #17
    Ute's Chauffeur
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    165
    According to Garmin no XM radio

  3. #18
    Honey Badger Semper_Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kingston, NH
    Posts
    5,725
    wouldn't that be the same as the 450?
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

  4. #19
    Riding where it's hot! AZ-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    2,617
    No XM, but price is $639.99 for AMA member logged-in. Also is FM traffic capable, and that was very reliable in PHX when I used it with the other Zumo I had (still have an extra, wrapped one I can use with the new 660 if make a go at it).

    Music via MP3 is good, but I have a now useless SD card, since 660 uses micro SD. Not like the 450 though, this one will connect BT, and is stereo BT, while 550 is mono BT, and no XM BT headset anyway
    Last edited by AZ-J; 01-08-2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: added
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

  5. #20
    Registered User skidgillen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    68

    No Freeway Avoidance routing

    Looks like the 660 still doesn't have what I wanted to have on my 550, Freeway Avoidance Routing. I hate riding on Interstates, and my Garmin always wants to direct me that way. Magellan's have this capability. Don't know how well it works, but I would love to have the option.
    Skidgillen

    Black 2002 R1150R abs
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

  6. #21
    JDW jdwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by skidgillen View Post
    Looks like the 660 still doesn't have what I wanted to have on my 550, Freeway Avoidance Routing. I hate riding on Interstates, and my Garmin always wants to direct me that way. Magellan's have this capability. Don't know how well it works, but I would love to have the option.
    Isn't that a function of the MapSource software ?
    JD Watson
    2004 R1150RT
    "Too much of a good thing is not enough..."

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwatson View Post
    Isn't that a function of the MapSource software ?
    Mapsource does offer this capability but several models (276C included) offer "route preferences" for GPS based routing that would include avoid "interstates", "unpaved roads", "u-turns" etc.

  8. #23
    Riding where it's hot! AZ-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    Mapsource does offer this capability but several models (276C included) offer "route preferences" for GPS based routing that would include avoid "interstates", "unpaved roads", "u-turns" etc.

    IIRC, my car-used StreetPilot i5, nuvi 680, nuvi 770, and a formerly owned BMW Zumo on my lemon-status F800S, all had/have "route preferences" or "map preferences" for GPS based travels to avoid "interstates", "unpaved roads", "u-turns" and more, i.e., "toll roads". I cannot imagine that Garmin omitted this on any of the newer units.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

  9. #24
    Registered User kgadley01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,532
    the good news is... with the 660 soon to be available, the price on the 550 should come down...

  10. #25
    Rally Rat RTRandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,587

  11. #26
    Riding where it's hot! AZ-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by skidgillen View Post
    Looks like the 660 still doesn't have what I wanted to have on my 550, Freeway Avoidance Routing. I hate riding on Interstates, and my Garmin always wants to direct me that way. Magellan's have this capability. Don't know how well it works, but I would love to have the option.
    It says it does have this feature if you do the compare with the 550.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

  12. #27
    Registered User skidgillen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    68
    This website link shows that it can avoid interstates. Cool. The previous garmin blog website link didn't mention anything about it.

    My 550 will avoid "Highways" not interstates, and when I try to use this avoidance it will sometimes totally route me in the opposite direction I want to go, add several hours if not days to a trip. And in some cases it routes me back onto an interstate. I complained to Garmin about this error when I first got my 550, and I just got a generic email in return. This may be their fix.

    I could use the Mapsource on laptop to custom make my routes, but I don't take my laptop everywhere I go. And for the price of the gps, why should I have to.

    Thanks for letting me rant.
    Skidgillen

    Black 2002 R1150R abs
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

  13. #28
    Riding where it's hot! AZ-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by skidgillen View Post
    This website link shows that it can avoid interstates. Cool. The previous garmin blog website link didn't mention anything about it.

    My 550 will avoid "Highways" not interstates, and when I try to use this avoidance it will sometimes totally route me in the opposite direction I want to go, add several hours if not days to a trip. And in some cases it routes me back onto an interstate. I complained to Garmin about this error when I first got my 550, and I just got a generic email in return. This may be their fix.

    I could use the Mapsource on laptop to custom make my routes, but I don't take my laptop everywhere I go. And for the price of the gps, why should I have to.

    Thanks for letting me rant.

    With all due respect, until you've seen how this unit really operates in its menus, maybe you need to rant somewhere else.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

  14. #29
    Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    central Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,265
    Will the 550 power cable fit the 660, or will I have to lay a new cable on each bike? Stay tuned....

    Fred

  15. #30
    Mudbug
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Will the 550 power cable fit the 660, or will I have to lay a new cable on each bike? Stay tuned....

    Fred
    Yes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •