Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zumo 660

porterjet

Zumo 660

On the Garmin website (Home>on the road) is a header showing the Zumo 660 but when you click on information it brings up the nuvi 765T.....I guess keep watching for more information.

Could not find, they did however clearly call out the nuvi??
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

porterjet
    Just checked again, they have changed it. Looks like it was an error on the website.

John

Here are screen shots of what is/was posted. Probably a typo - but who knows.

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by porterjet View Post
    On the Garmin website (Home>on the road) is a header showing the Zumo 660....
    I have the Beta unit on my F800GS, and it is absolutely amazing!*

Fred

*Kidding.

I just looked at the site and didn't see it. But that's not to say they might not be redesigning the Zumo.
    Recycling saves the Planet. Peace saves lives.
    '05 BMW F650cs
    MOA, BMWBMW, BMWRA, AMA, Black Belt Gang,
    MSF, Rider's Edge instructor IBA#35617

i am ssure they have somethingin the works

The 550 has been out for a while
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Word on the Zumo forum is the 660 will debut on January 8th at the CES show in Vegas.
    Not sure how soon after it will be available for purchase, but it looks to be in February. It'll be interesting to see what improvements this unit will have over the first generation Zumo's.

I for one love my 550 so can't imagine what new bells and whistles would drive me to shell out money to replace what works quite well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy View Post
    Word on the Zumo forum is the 660 will debut on January 8th at the CES show in Vegas.
    Not sure how soon after it will be available for purchase, but it looks to be in February. It'll be interesting to see what improvements this unit will have over the first generation Zumo's.

I for one love my 550 so can't imagine what new bells and whistles would drive me to shell out money to replace what works quite well for me.
    A "reverse route" option like the Quest and other models had would be great....I know pthe 550 leaves a blue crumb trail,but you do not get any prompts. Seems a software fix would do that for the 550 as it would not be worth the $$$ to me to upgrade yet.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy View Post

A "reverse route" option like the Quest and other models had would be great....I know the 550 leaves a blue crumb trail,but you do not get any prompts. Seems a software fix would do that for the 550 as it would not be worth the $$$ to me to upgrade yet.
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Until I read the post by the beta tester, I thought it was a mistake, and they had mislabeled the nuvi 660. I have the 550, and love it, but the 660 doesn't appear that it's all that watertight. The sd card slot on the side looks unprotected, whereas the 550 sd port is underneath, with a watertight cover enclosing it. I have riden through some heavy downpours with the 550, and it is as advertised weathertight. The new sd slot looks like water will go right inside the unit, guess we will have to wait for a report from the beta testers
    MOA Member #106320A
    2003 R1150RT Silver
    2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite

I am going to CES Friday 1/9 - I have heard I will see it then, can't say who from, yet. And the nuvi 660 is discontinued.

Now, if only the forum thread notifications would come to my email, I might know when someone else posted to a thread I subscribed to!

My notifications are supposedly fixed. Could someone please post here just so I can see if I get notice?
    Last edited by AZ-J; 01-07-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: notifications fixed?
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Just got this from a buddy ...it does exist and is at that electronics show in Vegas this week $799 price tag

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2009/01/g...nchId=newsroom
    Steve Henson

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    The 660 seems to be feature rich. Will check it out at the BIG Gig. Thanks for the link.

The announcement is mum on XM though. There's a big something to ask at CES.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog