Bullet

PS: check out the Decker DairyBar when in Lima. It's on old Hwy 25

rocketman
    Originally posted by Bullet
    Mid-Ohio is in Dublin, Ohio which is about 78 miles away from
    Lima. If, I recall correctly, Dublin is a suburb of Columbus. The
    Capitol of Ohio

Bullet
    Actually it's just outside of Mansfield/Lexington area, about 50 miles north of Columbus about 60-70 miles directly east of Lima. So even if they run the same weekend, it's an easy trip to visit one from the other, and if the superbike races at Mid-Ohio Raceway was on a consecutive weekend either side that would be an outstanding week!

RM

Originally posted by rocketman
    So even if they run the same weekend, it's an easy trip to visit one from the other, and if the superbike races at Mid-Ohio Raceway was on a consecutive weekend either side that would be an outstanding week!

RM
    Actually, ESPECIALLY if they run the same weekend. Either Vintage or Super-Bike would be OK by me. That would be just about the only situation that could redeem a Lima location for a motorcycle rally

although, just to throw in a needed curve, at least we know that BMW NA knows how to get their demo fleet within range of the location.

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar
    Speaking of Ohio and demo fleets, If I'm not mistaken Honda has a rather large manufacturing plant not all that far from Lima. Perhaps they'd be willing to have a demo fleet at the 2005 rally. Hmmmm

RW
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" B. Franklin

Originally posted by gambrinus
    Speaking of Ohio and demo fleets, If I'm not mistaken Honda has a rather large manufacturing plant not all that far from Lima.
    I went to a non-marque rally in Canada about 4 years ago. There were lots of demos there. The lines were long and the only bike I could get on was a Buell M2 Cyclone. The Honda guys were busy all the time. I'd like to ride a ST1300 and a Gold Wing. I'd also like to ride a new Moto Guzzi, too!

MarkF
    MarkF

Guzzi
    Originally posted by jabba
    So has anyone determined if the AMA vintage days, or the AMA Superbike series coincides with the rally dates? How far is Mid Ohio racecourse from Lima?
    Mid-Ohio would be about 80-90 miles from Lima. If yer goin' to Lima, better invest in a bullet-proof vest and bring the biggest gun you can find! It's a ROUGH place!

Guzzi
    Originally posted by Bullet
    Mid-Ohio is in Dublin, Ohio which is about 78 miles away from
    Lima. If, I recall correctly, Dublin is a suburb of Columbus. The
    Capitol of Ohio

Bullet

PS: check out the Decker DairyBar when in Lima. It's on old Hwy 25
    WRONG!!! Mid-Ohio is in Lexington, Ohio, which is about 90 miles north of Dublin. But you were correct when you said Dublin is a suburb of Columbus.

USERNAME
    Originally posted by gambrinus
    Speaking of Ohio and demo fleets, If I'm not mistaken Honda has a rather large manufacturing plant not all that far from Lima. Perhaps they'd be willing to have a demo fleet at the 2005 rally. Hmmmm

RW
    it'd be fun/cool to get a tour of the factory too. it's really neat to see how things are made.

that'd also wake up BMWNA. "oh yeah, our hardcore customers are demoing honda bikes and touring the honda factory...AT THE BMW RALLY."

Originally posted by username
    it'd be fun/cool to get a tour of the factory too. it's really neat to see how things are made.
    I would love to visit the Honda factory. I think they only assemble Gold Wings and the Rune there. Is that correct? Are those models sold other than in North America?

MarkF
    MarkF

Originally posted by username

that'd also wake up BMWNA. "oh yeah, our hardcore customers are demoing honda bikes and touring the honda factory...AT THE BMW RALLY."

Which will be about the only thing to do around there, unless you drive to Cleveland. I still wish it was Vegas...
    Garth Eppley
    1990 K75s
    Yankee Beemers Midwest
    Rounder No. 7
    Midwest Clan

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Hey YB, you can go to Toledo, and Cincinnati is only two hours south. The Neil Armstrong Museum is in Wapokoneta, maybe 30 miles or so from Lima. Grand Lake St Marys is not much further, and was a main source of water for the Canals that were built in Ohio.

Bellefontaine (bell fountain) is close by, and nearby is the highest point in Ohio. Big Whoop. You might get a picture there for the grin factor.

Take a trip east on RT309 to RT288, and it will take you to the mid ohio track.

The bicycle Museum of America is just south of Lima.

I will come up with more stuff as I am able.

I would like to see a combine demolition derby at the fairgrounds while we are there. Nothing like destruction on a large scale.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Lima Rally '05

Strange choice of locations.....Lima is'nt near anything...literally,and I live in Ohio

Unregistered
    Theres the Wright Patterson museum in Dayton,AMA museum outside Columbus,some Amish country thats not too far and the Hocking Hills area also.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    it would be at least 2 hours to Hocking hills, an hour and a half to the ama museum, and an hour to Wright Patterson to the museum.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT