Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2005 National- Where is it?

Re: Re: Re: Caution in Lima

Originally posted by Mike_In_Lima
    The problems, as in most places, are essentially contained in certain sections of town, and others live in the area all their lives and never encounter such problems. The data is skewed by the drug trades influence in certain sectors.
    The fairgrounds are fine and safe, as are most other areas.
    You mean like in every other place in the country? C'mon folks it's in the middle of Ohio, it can't be that bad.

Re: Re: Caution in Lima

Originally posted by foobeemer
    Yikes!! Bring your Kryptonite disc locks!!!!
    Let us NOT condemn it before we get there!!!!
    Spokane was NOT that wet, nor THAT HOT!

You will enjoy the rally to the extent that you allow yourself!!!

Now, Real decisions, Denver or Dallas routing?????

Re: Re: Re: Caution in Lima

Originally posted by Kenny2

Now, Real decisions, Denver or Dallas routing?????
    Dude, Denver totally. Dallas in July just has to suck to drive through. I70 west of Denver is absolutely gorgeous to drive through.

I remember crossing Kansas, leaving Colorado, and the blast-furnace crosswind from the south/southwest was UNREAL. A difficult day. Got into St. Louis, 104 degrees and more hot wind.

BTW, there is a nice "swim hole" about 8 minutes from the site; a new public small lake/beach.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Caution in Lima

Originally posted by YB in IN
    You mean like in every other place in the country? C'mon folks it's in the middle of Ohio, it can't be that bad.
    Exactly. BAD would be if the rally was in say, Newark NJ!
    Chris
    Scotch Plains, NJ

'02 R1100SA

The key is that the facility will be conducive to the event, with gobs of room for everything, and good "infrastructure", so the Rally itself will be fine. Outside of that, the worst that might be said is that west-central Ohio ain't Vegas, but that ain't always all bad.
    MBB

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Mike, I have to agree with you. The facilities are great, and for those that like to ride there and park, this will be a first class rally. Everything will be right there, great camping and all the space you could want. If you are friends with the powers that be at the fairgrounds, see if they can get some motorcycles to race that night. I wonder how many GS riders would like to have a try at some flat track action. possibly some instruction by an experienced rider in the area would be cool. Kinda like a track day on dirt.

Big Alice says she wants to check her online dating messages, so I gotta go.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Events at the 2005 National

I would respectfully ask that folks let me make calls and contacts regarding events at the the rally.

I appreciate all of the enthusiasm, but too many people making contact-calls can be confusing.

That being said, though --- I am open to all suggestions and would love to hear from ANYONE with good ideas for the rally.

You can bet money that Brian and I will do everything in our power to make this an incredible rally!

Thanks!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Re: Events at the 2005 National

Originally posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    I would respectfully ask that folks let me make calls and contacts regarding events at the the rally.

I appreciate all of the enthusiasm, but too many people making contact-calls can be confusing.

That being said, though --- I am open to all suggestions and would love to hear from ANYONE with good ideas for the rally.

You can bet money that Brian and I will do everything in our power to make this an incredible rally!

Thanks!
    RIGHT! Just so no one misunderstands, I have offered to help Sue in any way I can, but I am doing nothing with respect to the Rally unless she asks me to do something. These events have to be organized and arranged fromthe top down, or it doesn't work.

Other than that, my original offer stands to answer any specific questions from members relating to the Lima area, etc.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Sorry Sue, I was just getting all fired up. Lima is a famous stop for the ama flat track bikes. I will contain my excitement, and defer to you and Brian. Tell him I said hi, and it was nice meeting him at the ride for kids. Wish I could have talked more, but it was a long ride home.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT