Capital
    Providence
    Total Area
    1,212 sq mi
    3,140 sq km
    Population
    1,048,319 (2000 census)
    Major Cities
    Providence (152,558), Warwick (84,514), Cranston (74,324), Pawtucket (69,068), East Providence (48,389) (July 1996 est.)
    Highest Point
    Jerimoth Hill
    812 feet
    247 meters
    Income per capita (US$)
    $29,377
    Industry
    fishing, jewelry and silverware, fabricated metal products, electrical equipment, machinery, shipbuilding, tourism
    Agriculture
    greenhouse and nursery products, dairy products, eggs
    Natural Resources
    construction sand and gravel, crushed stone
    (U.S. Government sources)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

???????????????????????

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Looks like a great place to live, especially in the summertime. But the Astors knew that.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 12-20-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: correct grammar
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Rhode Island Harbors the Best

Largest industry is now healthcare followed by tourism/hospitality. That's sad.
    la10duh
    pll Berkley, MA

Quote Originally Posted by free2ride View Post
    ???????????????????????
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I

you forget something

the big bug on I-95...
    John Shuck BMWMOA Ironbutt #31
    Co-Founder Dir. of Operations Fairfield County Concours
    Sept at the Fairfield County Hunt Club, Westport, CT
    02 GS, R90S's, R51/3

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Navy sent me to Newport a couple of times. Beautiful place. Have since been back for an open house at Twisted Throttle. Rhode Island does not get that much nasty snow in the winter or heat in the summer.

What's not to like?
    Click here.

Rhode Island is one of my favorite states. My best friends live there, so I visit as often as I can make it east. As small as it is, there are some nice back roads in the western part. Plus the beaches. And Providence is great. If you live close to the coast you can ride year round. Now, if it was just a little closer to Wyoming...
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabird View Post
    Rhode Island is one of my favorite states. My best friends live there, so I visit as often as I can make it east. As small as it is, there are some nice back roads in the western part. Plus the beaches. And Providence is great. If you live close to the coast you can ride year round. Now, if it was just a little closer to Wyoming...
    ?? I live on the coast. 12" of snow yesterday. High of 25 today with teens tonight and feel like 0 with wind. 2 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow and a high of 30. Sounds more like Wyoming to me Wheres that global warming when you need it. On the plus side, we start getting more sun starting tomorrow I believe.

jobee58
    Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    ?? Sounds more like Wyoming to me Wheres that global warming when you need it.
    Well... if memory serves, there is a Wyoming, RI!!

?? I live on the coast. 12" of snow yesterday. High of 25 today with teens tonight and feel like 0 with wind. 2 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow and a high of 30. Sounds more like Wyoming to me Wheres that global warming when you need it. On the plus side, we start getting more sun starting tomorrow I believe.
    12 inches of snow in Rhode Island? Who would have thought that? But I bet it melts in a week or so and does not stay around hiding in the shadows until the month of May.
    Click here.

I lived in the poorer section outside Watch Hill. Many a winter morning I would bravely set off on my R100RT for my commute to Groton on roads that were just a bit icy but hit snow by the time I got to Westerly. Tiverton isn't on the coast - that's way inland. No wonder you have so much snow.
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Navy sent me to Newport a couple of times. Beautiful place. Have since been back for an open house at Twisted Throttle. Rhode Island does not get that much nasty snow in the winter or heat in the summer.

What's not to like?
    Standing watch along the seaplane ramps at Quonsett point in mid-January with a 40 knot wind wipping in from across the bay.
    Summers were wonderful.
    Tim
    1997 K1100 LT
    " If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." And that is OK with me

The nicest thing about RI is summers on at Misquamicut State Beach, drinking a COLD beer. I remember the waves can be big after a storm. Body surfing was fun. I also remember getting scraped up pretty good in those waves.

Tiverton is inland.

Rhode Island Rocks!

Here in Bristol we have an industrial park with the following:

One of the world's finest high end yacht builders (Americas Cup stuff)
    One of the world's finest mast builders (Americas Cup stuff)
    One of the builders of the world's fastest powerboats
    All sorts of support companies for high end marine stuff.

Lil Rhody is also home to the largest concentration of the best sailors in the U.S. if not the world and we're home to U.S. Sailing the governing body of the sport.

Also in RI we have NUSC where things like torpedos are developed. Quonset hut and the PT boat? Yup, born and bread here in RI.

We got your Quahogs and stuffies too.

And one of the best things about Rhode Island?

We are not Mass*oles!