Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The state of Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    Providence has become quite the town since I was at RISD in the late 80's/early 90's. I have fond memories of Mayor Cianci getting booed when he spoke at our graduation.
    Buddy is like a rock star now.
    Steve O. - MOA #122171
    '05 R12GS, '76 CB200 (wife's)
    '91 K100RS, '87 Honda CBR1000 Hurricane, '84 Yamaha FJ1100, '85 Honda VF500F, '76 Yamaha RD400, '82 Honda XL500... and more

I just noticed your location as Sterling, Ct.
    I live in Danielson, Ct. and joined the CRVBMW chapter but all the members live out west. I didn't think there were any members around me.
    I see Beemers on Rt. 6 and such but it's always when I am going somewhere and can't track them down.
    It sure would be nice to have others to ride with.

Going out Rt6 to Foster Center and down 94 and back through Plainfield or down to Jamestown are my favorite local rides.

Quote Originally Posted by soffiler View Post
    Buddy is like a rock star now.

Did he find someone else to beat with a baseball bat?

Quote Originally Posted by jnrugg View Post
    I just noticed your location as Sterling, Ct.
    I live in Danielson, Ct. and joined the CRVBMW chapter but all the members live out west. I didn't think there were any members around me.
    I see Beemers on Rt. 6 and such but it's always when I am going somewhere and can't track them down.
    It sure would be nice to have others to ride with.

Going out Rt6 to Foster Center and down 94 and back through Plainfield or down to Jamestown are my favorite local rides.
    Yep, I am towards the northern part of Sterling. About halfway between Rt 6 and Rt 14/14A, with the Foster RI border 200' east of my driveway. I was born and raised in RI and work there so despite my CT address I am still a RI boy.

I ride a yellow '05 GS (see avatar) so if you see me around give a wave. What do you ride?

One thing, though, is that I don't do a whole lot of that typical Sunday-morning pleasure riding. I am probably not the guy you want if you're looking for riding buddies. I do about 6K miles per year and a lot of it is errands and commuting to work, with occasional short GS blasts on local dirt roads and trails when the stars are in alignment. Always one big trip every summer which puts 1/3-1/2 of my total annual mileage into one week. Not your typical riding patterns, I'm afraid.

But tell you what... I hear GREAT things about the Ocean State BMW Riders club. Check them out!
    Steve O. - MOA #122171
    '91 K100RS, '87 Honda CBR1000 Hurricane, '84 Yamaha FJ1100, '85 Honda VF500F, '76 Yamaha RD400, '82 Honda XL500... and more

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post

Did he find someone else to beat with a baseball bat?
    Well, since he completed his five-year stint in a federal prision on racketeering charges, he's a somewhat more subdued man. I don't think he's wielding the baseball bat at his ex-wife's boyfriends anymore. He's doing radio and TV now. Google him - he's got a Wikipedia page.
    Steve O. - MOA #122171

Westerly RI

When I was in High School, I learned not to try to sleep on the beach in Westerly, RI.

The local police pointed out the error of my ways.

Good beaches!!!!!
    JimUSMA
    Albany, NY
    R1200GS

I ride a 2002 red RT.
    Most of my riding is what I can squeeze in after work or weekends.
    This year I planned out the rallys for the year otherwise I would not get to any.

I will check out the RI club and maybe sneak in on one of their rides.
    Don't forget the Charter Oak Rally on Memorial Day weekend.
    Hope to see you there!

If anyone is going to Johnson City from this area I am looking for someone to ride with.
    I won't be leaving until that Thursday however.

I ride a 2002 red RT.
    This year I planned out the rallys for the year otherwise I would not get to any.

Hope to see you there!

If anyone is going to Johnson City from this area I am looking for someone to ride with.
    There are quite a few riders from the Ocean State club going to the rally. Come by a meeting or a ride and you may find someone going at the same time.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

keybuster324
    there is a couple in danielson that both ride BMWs . His name is John and he has a small BMW airhead repair shop out of his garage. His name for this site is bikpaintr, I think they both ride quite a lot. It could be them you see.

Quote Originally Posted by keybuster324 View Post
    there is a couple in danielson that both ride BMWs . His name is John and he has a small BMW airhead repair shop out of his garage. His name for this site is bikpaintr, I think they both ride quite a lot. It could be them you see.
    That would be John and Andrea Borella. I've met John a few times; he's hosted Yankee Beemer rides from his home/shop (which is quite a bit more than a garage!). Great guy. I've not had the pleasure of meeting Andrea yet.
    Steve O. - MOA #122171

I ride a 2002 red RT.

Hope to see you there!

I am in Putnam, CT and will be going to both national rallies. I'll be leaving Weds morning with a good friend for the MOA . Have you been to the Vanilla Bean on a weekend? Lots of riders there!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

60 degrees and sunny today. Club ride today and I'm stuck at work. , Oh well at least I can ride to work, so its not a total loss. I did get out last Wednesday for a short ride to Ocean Drive Newport. As for the state of Rhode Island, same as last year but deeper in dept.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com