Thread: emergency back up all in one tool? very cool!

emergency back up all in one tool? very cool!

I was at a bicycle shop today and I saw this really neat "all in one" emergency back up tool.

Based on a Swiss Army knife concept, this tool has 38 different functions. Screw-drivers, metric wrenches, Allen wrenches, Torxs, and tons more all in a compact shell.

Is there anything like this for motorcycles?
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    I was at a bicycle shop today and I saw this really neat "all in one" emergency back up tool.

Based on a Swiss Army knife concept, this tool has 38 different functions. Screw-drivers, metric wrenches, Allen wrenches, Torxs, and tons more all in a compact shell.

I dunno, UC, a screwdriver is a screwdriver is a screwdriver. If it works on the bicycle, it'll work on the motorcycle. I've got more multitools than I care to think about and I don't recall which shop any of them came from.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post

Jack of all trades, master of none.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

MT State of mind
    I have a few combination-tools from bicycling that are compact. The problem is, when you try to use them on a motorcycle, they don't reach or won't clear more than 1/4 turn. A bicycle is naked, a motorcycle has more stuff in the way.

leeines

Emergency Back Up All In One Tool

Photos Or Name Of Product, Manufacturer Of Product?????????

I bought a couple of "emergency" tools this past fall. I got them from www.advdesigns.com.

This is a heavy duty 1/4" drive ratchet. It comes with 7 sockets, 6 of which store in the handle. The head swivels 90 degrees, so you can use it as a ratcheting screwdriver, too.

I combined that with this VersaTool, which, if you buy the extra bit pack, comes with a pretty complete set of Torx and allen bits, as well as the usual screwdriver bits.

What's really neat is that you can combine these two pieces so that you have all the Torx and allen bits for the ratchet. And they take up next to no space; the VersaTool is 3.25" x 4" and the ratchet is about 8" long. The only thing I've found wanting is a 1/4" extension, to be able to get into some deeper recesses.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

criminaldesign
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    I have a few combination-tools from bicycling that are compact. The problem is, when you try to use them on a motorcycle, they don't reach or won't clear more than 1/4 turn. A bicycle is naked, a motorcycle has more stuff in the way.
    I agree, my multi-tool for my BMX is very handy but it's the size of a swiss army knife. I think the reach would be extremely limiting.

I'm imagining all my tools in one. Currently wrapped up, it's larger than a brick.

It would be a very cool thing to devise. Like a ratchet kit or any other tool case where the tools clip in the plastic case. Shape it the size to carry on a motorcycle. at least all the tools would be securely fastened in and in one place.

I got a 79 cent open carpenter apron, then i sewn in compartments and added a cover flap. It wraps up nice but I hate having to dig it out.

An all in one would be nice, i have to admit, if possible.