Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BMWRTGIRL, BoxerGrrlie, and BradfordBenn on the way to the Rally 2004

Wow

Great job with the pics Brad. Thanks - it helps us non-participants feel part of the big picture(s).
    I am sure you will be trailering your bikes home. Right?
    (Lorazepam has a sticker on his bike I like: "If you see this bike on a trailer call 911".)
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar

Yo, Brad!

First, that is a great series of pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Next, you commented that you seem to have a lot of stuff.

Maybe you are a closet Gold Winger? :yow

So check this out. The people at Bushtec make a hitch for your RT, and sell a great line of trailers. They also have the wiring thing figured out to a "T."

I still have a homegrown trailer I built from a kit back when I owned a Wing. Eventually, I might put a hitch on the K. If and when I do that, I'll take up dragging a load again in favor of all the stappin' and gruntin' I presently endure.

Since this is the national, there is a chance that Bushtec might be there as a vendor. If not, they are located in East Tennessee, and can schedule ride in service on a hitch mount.

Anyway, looking at that luggage cart, it's a thought!

Geez. If he's over packed already, I can't believe I'm telling him this. But, if he bought himself a rolling pack-sack, he could be a gentleman and lug the ladies stuff, too ...
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Re: Brad - get to the rally

Originally posted by KBasa
    Brad, get your behind to the rally and why aren't you in the rally seminar?

dave
    Cause you and Ritalin Boy told me not to show up

Plus I had to keep the fans informed with the adventures of the Gang of Four Minus One.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Re: Wow

Originally posted by Cliffy777
    Great job with the pics Brad. Thanks - it helps us non-participants feel part of the big picture(s).
    I am sure you will be trailering your bikes home. Right?
    (Lorazepam has a sticker on his bike I like: "If you see this bike on a trailer call 911".)
    What is a trailer?
    -=Brad

Re: Yo, Brad!

Originally posted by RickM
    First, that is a great series of pictures.

Next, you commented that you seem to have a lot of stuff.

Maybe you are a closet Gold Winger? :yow

So check this out. The people at Bushtec make a hitch for your RT, and sell a great line of trailers.

Geez. If he's over packed already, I can't believe I'm telling him this. But, if he bought himself a rolling pack-sack, he could be a gentleman and lug the ladies stuff, too ...
    Thanks for the props on the pictures.

I have gotten the packing down now. I just brought too much stuff. So now to pare it down.....

However in terms of the stuff, even the ladies are admitting that even though I brought a lot of stuff, we have used it all.

Also the Ladies probably wouldn't let me take their stuff. They are independent, and it gives them something to laugh at me about. But now I know what a trailer is
    -=Brad

I have a picture of my homegrown trailer someplace. The only way it could be uglier is to be bigger, but it works.

Probably, you will see some rigs at the rally. Personally, I like the Bushtec Turbo +2.

Rick (sitting inside while it rains outside) in AL

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Originally posted by RickM
    Rick (sitting inside while it rains outside) in AL
    I'll ride a couple of miles for you today. Just put the razor away....
    -=Brad

Thumbs up

Kudos Benn. To your list of talents it seems there is no end....

The effort and time it takes to do a ride report are not insignificant, and here you are doing it from the road, doing it well, and making it look easy..... For this I salute you.....

Thanks for the great commentary, and the pictures it takes me there in some small way. Keep em' coming, have a great rally, and drink an ice cold beverage for me..........
    '04 R1150 GSP

Day 10 - More fun at the Rally

Pictures are at: http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD10.htm

The day started out with a web team meeting hosted at the Yankee Beemer compound. Chef Rob did a great job of cooking up some breakfast. The key is having the proper seasonings.

After that it was a fairly tame morning of sleeping and posting these things. Then came the evening shift of the Forum Folks in the Beer Garden. The turn out was a little quiet at times, but man did we move some water.

Knary was on the wrong side of the table.

Don't let iRene near any glass, ever. Really.

Everyone else shows up in t-shirts, KBasa in the prep outfit. But he did work.

Manic Mechanic (Left) and Reverend Willie showed up as well.
    -=Brad

I think the wavy lines in the photos have more to do with the photographic sway.induced by bourbon.

Thanks for posting the trip pics!

I didn't get out of Canada to Spokane as my friends from Michigan came too late to make the trip to Spokane a pleasant ride;so we just hung around my little corner of ocean bound paradise,eating prawns and such.

Safe journeying!!

I guess if it can't be Las Vegas or Winnipeg Manitoba Canada,Lima Ohio it is.

Day 11 - More fun at the Rally

http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD11.htm

I have been sleeping like poop the past couple of nights. Not really sure why, so when I woke up with a "hangover" feeling having only had two beers and 1 vodka over the course of 8 hours the night before, I figured something is up. So I took my butt to the hotel and slept. I slept longer than I wanted, but I feel much better now.

So then it was back to packup camp and then go to the closing ceremonies. Luckily CycleGadgets.com is helping me out by taking my camping gear to their shop and I will pick it up from them there. Makes the pack a lot easier.

So then it was closing ceremonies. Funny, I don't remember opening ceremonies. The ceremonies started off with Native American Dancers, First Nation for those of you from the Great White North. That was pretty cool. Then the flags started coming out carried on horseback, first there were the flags of the 50 states...

This part was pretty cool. The picture does not do it justice, but each state had its own horse and their flag was carried in, around the ring a few times and then galloped off in pairs. Next were flags for the people from other countries. Then flags for the armed services. I thought it was very appropriatte to have the following in the group:

Then came Old Glory and the National Anthem

After that, out came a portable stage and the presentations. I do not remember all of the awards, but I figure that they will be posted in ON or the web.

To give you an idea of what the site looked like, these pictures are only a portion of the campgrounds.

Only 369 days until Lima, Ohio and Beemerville USA!
    -=Brad

Spokane 2004

Brad,

Great job with the ride reports and photos. Wish I could have been there, but I am now just starting to walk unassisted. Next week I should be able to ride.

While you and your buds were having fun, I had a good lunch.

The girls said to say "hello".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robert Munday
    Montgomery, Alabama
    1998 R11CHP - 1995 R1100RSL
    Internet BMW Riders President & Alabama Plateholder
    ABC #3783 - Village Idiot - Rolling Broccoli Rider
    BOOF #131 - Oilhead #1561 - SR #2 - NFO #2
    BMWAlabama - BMWOGA - BMWBMW
    Nebraska Nightrider - Big Sioux Rider
    Indy BMW Club - Beemer Hill Riders
    Buckeye Beemers - BMW Club Of Nashville
    Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation
    Keeper Of The List - `Iron Bunny`

Blocking the slow lane
    Robert, is it true that you have a 40GB hard drive with nothing but pictures of you posing with Hooters girls?
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

Hooters Girls

Jon,

I have 80 gig hard drives on both the laptop and desktop computers. When the Hooters girls start to pile up, I save some to CDs and continue forward.

Unlike Mount Rushmore, which has the same four guys all the time, each return visit to Hooters yields fresh, new Hooters girls who must be met, measured and photographed. It is a never-ending task... a calling, if you will. It's my life's work.

Thanks for the note. Let's do lunch. Surf's up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robert Munday
    Montgomery, Alabama
    1998 R11CHP - 1995 R1100RSL
    Internet BMW Riders President & Alabama Plateholder
    ABC #3783 - Village Idiot - Rolling Broccoli Rider
    BOOF #131 - Oilhead #1561 - SR #2 - NFO #2
    BMWAlabama - BMWOGA - BMWBMW
    Nebraska Nightrider - Big Sioux Rider
    Indy BMW Club - Beemer Hill Riders
    Buckeye Beemers - BMW Club Of Nashville
    Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation
    Keeper Of The List - `Iron Bunny`

Geezum!

How did we get from Brad's rally route report, to Robert posing with Hooter's girls?

Sometimes this place skeers me ...