Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BMWRTGIRL, BoxerGrrlie, and BradfordBenn on the way to the Rally 2004

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Originally posted by lorazepam
    So what was with the clutch BG? Was it the pressure plate or throwout bearing? That was my thoughts at the time.
    BG here.....on Brad's computer - I fried the plate, the throwout bearing and needed a total tranny rebuild. Let's just say that it was an expensive camping trip Thanks for asking l-pam.

On a happier note, the advice and route suggestions on this forum really helped in planning this trip out west. Thanks to everyone who posted on the Rally Forum.

boxergrrlie
    1975 R90/6
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Re: Great

Originally posted by Cliffy777
    pictures from the Gang of Three.
    I am debating between the Gang if Four minus One or "Three's Company".
    -=Brad

Hey guys, looks like you are having a great time. Wish we could be there with you. The pictures are great. We will get with Gale soon so he won't have to be a one gang rider.
    Touch not the cat bot-a-glove.

ian408
    Looks like you're having a great time!

See you at the end of the week

Ian

Gang of Three

Great pics, guys. Hey, BoxerGrrlie rocks! But can she cook?
    Never mind......
    Whom the gods would
    destroy, they first make mad.

see y'all in a few days.
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

Gang of Three

Great pics, guys. Hey, BoxerGrrlie rocks! But can she cook?
    Never mind......
    Whom the gods would
    destroy, they first make mad.

Arrived

Yup, we are here after a stop at the Lunatic Fringe... More stuff to be posted soon.
    -=Brad

USERNAME

Re: Re: Great

Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    I am debating between the Gang if Four minus One or "Three's Company".
    the killer B's?

Day 5 - Shelby to Lunatic Fringe

http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD05.htm

So after exploring Glacier it was time to resuyme our journey to the Great White North and the 17th Annual Rocky Bow Lunatic Fringe Rally in High River, Alberta. The wind was amazingly viscious that day. Literally it was blowing so hard that I was wearing my heated vest, my fleece, and thick gloves because of the wind chill, it was about 90 degrees Farenheit ambient temperature. It was amazingly tiring and trying all at the same time.

Gaining entry into Canada was relatively easy. Getting BMWRTGIRL's bike to start was the interesting part. For some reason after she turned it off at the checkpoint, it would not restart. It appears to be a battery problem. So we let it sit for a while, still no good. Then Boxer Grrlie and I pushed it as BMWRTGIRL popped the clutch. All was good again. So we continued North and in the wind.

As we approached Lethridge there was a detour on Route 2, so we had to take a few gravel roads. Some times though these chances to get off the slab is really worth it. Although I was not real happy about the gravel.

Then it was back on the road,or so we thought. BoxerGrrlie's bike decided it wanted to lose power. A lucky guess happened as we started to look for the fuse box. I noticed that some of the connections to the batteries were not great, and the first one I tried happened to be the one that caused the problem. So then we were on the road again.

Once we got to the rally, there was lots of fun to be had. Ranging for looking at cool bikes...

And of course just hanging out and making new friends.

The weird thing for me was that it was still daylight at about 10:30PM local time.
    -=Brad

Day 6 - Just having fun at the Lunatic Fringe

http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD06.htm

Decided that I did not feel up to riding in the morning, so just kind of took it easy. Then after lunch it was time to head out and see some sights as well as get John's bike repaired. This time it was BoxerGrrlie who decided to soak up some sun and stay at camp.

So we headed out to Calgary in search of the BMW shop, to meet Lance and get John's muffler strap figured out, and to find some cigars for the evening. I was thoroughly disappointed by the BMW shop. It was pretty much every other brand you could think of, and everything was off road. However we were succesful in finding a few cigars.

Fixing John's strap was amazingly simple for me, I simply stood around and took pictures. So without further adieu I give you the birth of Canadian Chopper starring Lance and John. (Did I mention that Lance's shop at home has more tools than my shop at the office?)

Then it was back to the rally for closing supper and another fine night of fun.
    -=Brad

Day 7 - Sightseeing in Banff and Lake Louise

http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD07.htm

We had given ourselves two days to get from High River to Spokane. So since it was BMWRTRider's birthday we figured let's take the scenic route and have some fun. So BoxerGrrlie looked at the map and put together a spectacular ride from High River to Cranbrook by way of the sights.

There were curves and hills and mountains and animals.... I am still trying to figure out how to put it into words, suffice it to say these pictures should help a little. Along Route 40 the riding was the best ever. We did not have a lot of traffic, the roads were in good condition, there were turns and hills. We just rode and rode and rode. I recommend it
    -=Brad

Day 8 - Just Riding to the Rally

http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD08.htm

Not really a whole lot of stuff going on with the ride. It was nice and had curves and hills, but I think Route 40 has made everything else look pale by comparision.

However the real fun started once we arrived.

First it was off to get some supplies. While I was getting some fine adult beverages and ice, the ladies set up quite a nice little compound for the next couple of days. The biggest coup being the shade tent.

Me, I think the picket fences are the key to the whole thing.

Then it was the meeting of the minds, as Kbasa, Rob Nye, MrsKBasa, and BoxerGrrlie decided to get together and have a fun evening.
    -=Brad

Day 9 - Forum Frenzy

This one really needs the pictures which are at: http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD09.htm

Not a whole lot of riding. Set up the Cyber Cafe in the morning, hung around and talked bikes, a little run to the hotel to post stuff, and then came the fun of the Forum Frenzy (The New New Thing). The turn out was gregarious to put it mildly. KBasa showed up with some fine Kentucky Bourbon for people to share, although I think KBasa and I managed to get most of it.

Pictures of:
    BoxerGrrlie and Irene
    Gambrinus
    Ian408 (left) and KBasa
    Knary
    -=Brad

Angry Brad - get to the rally

Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    This one really needs the pictures which are at: http://www.bradfordbenn.com/beemer/trips/JulyD09.htm

Not a whole lot of riding. Set up the Cyber Cafe in the morning, hung around and talked bikes, a little run to the hotel to post stuff, and then came the fun of the Forum Frenzy (The New New Thing). The turn out was gregarious to put it mildly. KBasa showed up with some fine Kentucky Bourbon for people to share, although I think KBasa and I managed to get most of it.

Pictures of:
    BoxerGrrlie and Irene
    Gambrinus
    Ian408 (left) and KBasa
    Knary
    Brad, get your behind to the rally and why aren't you in the rally seminar?

dave
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.