Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Puget Sound area commuters?

Don't forget your towel
    One brave RT rider on the 0520 ferry today. 7" of snow on parts of Kitsap County last night. I got "stuck" at girlfriend's house last night and had to drive over in the vanagon
    Steve
    "...your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride" A. Bourdain

Well the weather report is warm rain! Much, Much, MORE!

Just was watching the weather report, looks like we are going from Snow to HEAVY RAIN! Definitely not riding weather. Boy, i would really like it to let me ride!
    CoyoteBMW
    53 years of BMW's - 1960 R26 and 2007 F800ST!

Cool

Frog strangler here in Everett @ 4:40 AM I'll probably fire up the bike tomorrow after work and ride in Thurs or Fri depending on the severity of the frogs comin down.
    Brian - Everett, WA
    www.pdq-signs.com
    99 R1100RT - Got Kewl-Aid? IBA - SS1K's, BBG
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

I'll look for you Coyote.
    Yea, I do the I-5 to 405 route from Tacoma to Bellevue. I rode Tuesday and got caught in a hellacious downpour and wind on my way home. Love the new Piaas though.
    I may give it a go tomorrow if this rain lets up. It is really the deep pools of standing water and the other drivers that I worry about most.
    See ya,
    Rob

A cold but fast run into Bellevue today. Hey, who was that on the other GS that passed me? You had me going 85 through the Renton curves trying to catch ya.

bmwbil
    I try to ride everyday from Olympia to Shelton. It's a nice run up 101.

Well Final got to ride again

Weather is finally cooperating. Next week looks more like what we should be getting! Yeah!! Started riding again last Thursday, boy it feels good to finally be able to get back on the bike. The new Gerbing Liner makes a big difference.
    CoyoteBMW

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    I'm so glad our weather is back to normal. I rode in all five days last week now that the snow is finally gone.

The ride home last Wednesday was fun - that was the day with the big southwesterly wind. I was heading north on I-5 across the Ship Canal Bridge and on up the Express Lanes when I noticed I couldn't hear any more wind noise. Turns out the wind was blowing almost as fast as I was traveling. All I heard was engine and tire noise. The noise from the slip stream almost vanished completely

This morning I got run out of the HOV lane and onto the shoulder by some guy in his big white Suburban playing slot racer with the rush-hour traffic. My word of wisdom to my fellow motorists is that if you're going to pull a moronic maneuver in front of me and make me angry, you shouldn't have the name of your business plastered on the back of your offending vehicle - because I WILL call and discuss your driving techniques with you.
    Last edited by OfficerImpersonator; 01-12-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Wet Today

Well, just goes to prove that you shouldn't listen to the weather report. Foggy this morning and wet ride home this afternoon. Came back over Cougar Mountain and got caught in a heavy drizzle.
    CoyoteBMW

Well now its getting a little cold

But, I have my Gerbing liner to help. At least this weekend is suppose to be dry, which is good for me, since I am teaching a Motorcycle Safety Class.
    CoyoteBMW

Cool

The fog was so thick this morning @ 4:40 that I couldn't see 3 cars in front of me. Traffic came to a stand still quite a ways back on exits and it's supposed to be much lighter on Fridays....

Let's be safe out there
    Brian - Everett, WA
    www.pdq-signs.com
    99 R1100RT - Got Kewl-Aid? IBA - SS1K's, BBG
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Yea! tell me about the Fog!

Yea! Tell me. The fog was so bad this morning I was almost crawling along I405 and I90 going to work. It was so bad my face shield fogged up both inside and out! Biggest problem was the inconsiderate driver behind me on my tail, because I wasn't going fast enough for them!
    CoyoteBMW

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coyotebmw View Post
    Yea! Tell me. The fog was so bad this morning I was almost crawling along I405 and I90 going to work. It was so bad my face shield fogged up both inside and out! Biggest problem was the inconsiderate driver behind me on my tail, because I wasn't going fast enough for them!
    You need a "Pinlock" anti-fog faceshield insert.

I've had mine for over a year now and my visor doesn't fog. Period.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Boy! Peeking at the comments in this thread (Suburban slot car racer, fog, rain, snow, etc) makes me really glad to be retired with no need to commute any more. Lived in Kent during my workaholic days and commuted to Swellvue for 16 years, I DON'T miss the 405 at all. Got knocked off my Ducati in '97 at Coal Creek by one of those "slot car" racers in the HOV lane...

Be careful out there!

Cheers! BJ

Rode the bicycle to work today, Algona to Tukwila and very cold this morning. I was looking forward to a warmer ride home but the temp never changed. 36# both ways.