Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New York City

Ha! This is great. I'll be in NYC next weekend and it's nice to have tips from the city savvy.
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Quote Originally Posted by bricciphoto View Post
    Ha! This is great. I'll be in NYC next weekend and it's nice to have tips from the city savvy.
    You'd better check with Statdawg then, Ben.

He's got a killer walking tour that ends up at El Quijote with Burns making the following face...

Do people in New York City actually wear hats that are as doofy looking as the one in that video? That's worse than the one my dad wore back in 1949.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Do people in New York City actually wear hats that are as doofy looking as the one in that video? That's worse than the one my dad wore back in 1949.
    I haven't seen a hat worn here since November 27, 2008...

And these were visitors!

Peter_Krynicki
    I used to work for IBM and in the 70's I would have to go into Manhatten either for a class or a meeting. At the end of the day we would hop a cab down to the tip of the island and go up to WOW - Windows on the World - which was at approx the 102 floor of the World Trade Center. We were all dressed up anyway and could rub elbows with the stock traders, etc. For such a Ritzy place they had reasonable Bloody Marys and steak teryaki - steak-onna-stick - appitizers.

It was also a great place to take a date for drinks before a show! I miss WOW more than any other placce in the city. Second would be Schribner's bookstore on 5th where Max Perkins had an office and would meet with F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Faulkner et al.

NYC Activity?

Can anyone recommend a dead of winter NYC motorcycle related activity to do in the city? I like taking the train down and spending some time. I did Javits and as many bike shops as I could find. Anybody?
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

Peter_Krynicki
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Can anyone recommend a dead of winter NYC motorcycle related activity to do in the city? I like taking the train down and spending some time. I did Javits and as many bike shops as I could find. Anybody?
    Ducati NY, NY 155 Avenue of the Americas, down around SOHO, Greenich Village...

"There's not a showroom in NYC which can stand in the same class as Ducati New York. They're busting at the seams with fine Italian Machinery and they have some British characters to boot. Duc NY has the whole Ducati and Triumph line up ready to be purchased or just ogled over. There is usually a few custom numbers on the floor which are not to be missed, like the most recent Sienna 1098 and the occasional ECOSSE Moto. I also think they carry a wide variety of KTMs and some sort of scooters as well.

As you enter the store your welcomed by the the main floor which houses all the sexy moto treats. Your stomach immediately ties into knots as you feel reminiscent of walking into a candy store as a kid, but please expect the price tags on these goodies to be a little different. Heading to the back and down the stairs there is a quality selection of gear( Dainese, Revit, Sidi, triumph, etc etc ) and parts for your basic maintenance and mod needs.

I love to ride down here and take a walk through the showroom, talk bikes with the staff who are always friendly, very informative, and willing to go above and beyond."

Maniacal Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallIsland View Post
    Nothing cannot be belonged by something.

What thread is this?

Where am I?
    -----------------------------

All your dealership are belong to us.