Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Missouri riders

advrider.com
    weather.com says it'll be 60 degrees on Friday and 61 on Saturday? That's gotta be a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    weather.com says it'll be 60 degrees on Friday and 61 on Saturday? That's gotta be a typo.
    Not a typo....that's Missouri! It's supposed to be 65 here in SW Mo on Friday. I got up early this AM (about 0530) and went for a walk. The temp was 44 degrees. Now, at 12:55 PM it is 26 degrees.. go figure...

worked up a sweat

Nice ride today. I worked the curves a bit considering they are sandy muddy dirty rotten leaf covered at random intervals Usually double suggested speed limit +-10 depending on sight lines and wind, wind was strong. I was sweating a bit, I had the liner in but liner unzipped, Olympia jacket zipped. One little slide on nasty mud on pavement in middle of turn. Pretty good for Dec. Must be close to 70 degrees. Felt real good to be out on 2 wheels. Did some gravel roads, they are soft but not bad at all, 30 to 45 MPH on street tires on an R1150RS, nothing at all scary. Some of the soft rutted sections (thaw after a hard freeze) were entertaining, but easy on the bars, weight on the pegs and let her find her way thru no issue. Of course that was at 30, you with knobbies on a thumper would have been going WFO. But hey, do you not have all the pretty body work and picking yours up is a bit easier. Always a nice adventure taking inappropriate equipment into muddy rutted roads though. Saw a nice 8pt buck, about 200 turkeys, and one really healthy looking red fox.

I now have a nice fresh tank of gas, for when I ride again.

Rod

Riding Today (Happy New Years!!)

It's supposed to reach the 40s later today.. I'm going to try and meet up with the Gateway BMW Riders this am.. I have only been out one other time when it was in the 20s.. I was not really comfortable, but its a ride..
    2008 R1200GSA
    04 K1200LT (SOLD)
    97 R1100GS (SOLD)
    IBA, AMA, BMW MOA

36th Annual Missouri State BMW Rally

Anyone know the particulars of the Missouri Rally ? That is when and where or if there is a 2009 event? Thanks R&R
    R and R

The Missouri State Rally dates have not been announced yet but will be soon.
    Last years rally info is here: http://www.missouristatebmwrally.com/ The 2009 location will be the same.

More information will also be here when available. http://www.motomo.org/MO_State_BMW_Rally.html

Hope to see you there.
    Neal - '09 R1200GS / '81 R65

Mo. Rally

Thanks for the info I do hope to attend. Trying to get my ducks in a row to hit as many as I can this summer! Sounds like fun was had by all last year.

Thanks R and R
    R and R

advrider.com
    Saw 4 beemers (2 airheads) on 94 outside of Defiance, MO today. I was on my airhead and waved back..

Thumbs up Mo. State Rally

Hey R and R,

The Missouri State Rally will be June 26-28, 2009 at the Crane city park as usual. More information should be on the website in a couple of days. I hope this works into your plans.

http://www.motomo.org
    Neal - '09 R1200GS / '81 R65

Kansas City, MO. just rode from kc to stockton lake to mark twain national, petosi, herman and back to kc back in Oct.

I'm down through the southern part of the state in spring maybe. schedule permitting.

and i play drums, guitar, blah blah blah
    1976 R60/6 Monza Blue - "Lola"
    2006 R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by RGuy View Post
    Hey R and R,

The Missouri State Rally will be June 26-28, 2009 at the Crane city park as usual. More information should be on the website in a couple of days. I hope this works into your plans.

http://www.motomo.org
    Thanks got in on my calendar. I will be there !
    R and R