Thread: On Wisconsin!

Hybrid View

jeremell

On Wisconsin!

Amazingly, not snowing at the present moment.

Thumbs down Snow

But they are calling for 10 plus inches here on the lakeshore for tonight and tomorrow.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Yeah - forecasting up to a foot by late tomorrow depending on how much comes down as rain/sleet or 'just' snow.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Quote Originally Posted by apretzl View Post
    Yeah - forecasting up to a foot by late tomorrow depending on how much comes down as rain/sleet or 'just' snow.
    Andy - sorry you didn't get elected. I voted for you.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Hi Sue,
    Actually I did get elected board member at large & I landed on the constitution committee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post
    Andy - sorry you didn't get elected. I voted for you.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by apretzl View Post
    Hi Sue,
    Actually I did get elected board member at large & I landed on the constitution committee too.
    OH! That's great news! Brian didn't tell me. (I missed the meeting.)
    Congrats!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    But they are calling for 10 plus inches here on the lakeshore for tonight and tomorrow.
    The snowblower is fixed so BRING IT ON!!!

On the Road
    If you live in Madison you must have snow by now. I live in Menasha and we have been getting pelted with snow since the last week of November. Now that sucks.

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by dachstom View Post
    If you live in Madison you must have snow by now. I live in Menasha and we have been getting pelted with snow since the last week of November. Now that sucks.
    I can deal with a mere 'pelting'. But two days of blizzard conditions under 5?? is really beginning to suck out loud. I cleared one pesky recurring drift out of my driveway five times in the 24 hours beginning at 11:00 Sunday morning. And it doesn't just blow out. That stuff is dense. Too dense to shovel. Too dense to push with the tractor. Too dense to just drive the blower through. It takes repeated assaults and an artistic touch to get through it without completely destroying the blower. I think I have already moved more snow since Thanksgiving than I did all of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 535is View Post
    I can deal with a mere 'pelting'. But two days of blizzard conditions under 5?? is really beginning to suck out loud. I cleared one pesky recurring drift out of my driveway five times in the 24 hours beginning at 11:00 Sunday morning. And it doesn't just blow out. That stuff is dense. Too dense to shovel. Too dense to push with the tractor. Too dense to just drive the blower through. It takes repeated assaults and an artistic touch to get through it without completely destroying the blower. I think I have already moved more snow since Thanksgiving than I did all of last year.
    But on the bright side we'll definately have a white X-mas .

I have 18" in the yard right now.

I bought an 8hp 26" Toro last spring to replace a 25 year old Ahrens. Gave that New Toro to my mother for X-mas, Got an OHV 11hp 28" Commercial unit to replace it! Muuhahhahhaaa!

I actually do the sides of the street down the block so the street stays wide. I live near a high school and the kids speeding down a street 12 ft less wide would be a bad thing. Plus I have a lot of elderly neighbors and ladies without snow blowers. i do a lot of drives, or at least the ends where the plows dumped. I LIKE doing it!
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

nevada72
    And now rain?? Apparently tomorrow we're getting T-storms. Just what we need on top of frozen ground and all that snow - rain. In preparation, I ran the snowblower around the perimeter of my house (yep-on the grass) and created a 10 foot snow-free zone to reduce the chance of my basement getting wet. I hope it works. What a crazy winter!