Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas is in the hizzouse!

USERNAME

Texas is in the hizzouse!

welcome to your regional forum!

this is where YOU can start planning your own rides and meet ups with those near you. you will also see club events springing up from time to time in your region, and they will be discussed here.

look for great things from the MOA, and create great things yourself. it's your club - make it happen!

Excellent...now we can have a Salty Dog Rally for the heat loving group amongst us.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Excellent...now we can have a Salty Dog Rally for the heat loving group amongst us.
    "Heat loving" may be a bit overreaching. Let's just say "heat tolerant".
    Mike White
    MOA Life Time Member #57882
    '13 K1300S "30 Years", '95 R1100RS, '88 K75S, '97 Ducati 916, '95 Ducati 900SS CR. Gone, but not forgotten, '75 R90S

That was a stretch wasn't it? heat tolerant is me
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Seeking Mental Floss
    Quote Originally Posted by BeemerMike View Post
    "Heat loving" may be a bit overreaching. Let's just say "heat tolerant".
    Heat loving is correct for me!! (ever been to Korea in the Winter? )

Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Welcome, SullyTX!

Paul and I weren't born in TX but we did move here right after they quit paying us to live in Kansas . . .

Voni
    sMiling
    And some of us DO get paid to live in Texas!

Let the Yankee carping begin . . .
    Mike White
    '13 K1300S "30 Years", '95 R1100RS, '88 K75S, '97 Ducati 916, '95 Ducati 900SS CR. Gone, but not forgotten, '75 R90S

Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by SullyTX View Post
    Don't really know where to put this, so I'll just post up here to say hello (just joined MOA last month)
    SullyTX - Annual Texas BMW clubs ride and lunch at Temple on Saturday, March 7, and Texas National Rally (Texas BMW clubs) at Lake Belton (near Temple) on the weekend of April 10-12. Come meet your fellow Texas BMW riders.

Mike
    Mike White

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerMike View Post
    And some of us DO get paid to live in Texas!

Let the Yankee carping begin . . .
    5th Generation TEXAN and I paid to live here, I mean after all itÔÇÖs the only place on earth where itÔÇÖs a local call to GOD!!!
    Bullet Bill
    Worlds Oldest Unigo Dealer.

Big Bend Bash - March 27th to March 29th

There's a group of BMW Sport Touring riders visiting BB this weekend, some from NM, AZ and from the great country of Texas...just general conviviality and riding.

Most are staying at the Ramada in Alpine and the others (the Beer lovers???) at the Historic Holland in Alpine
    Check out it out here .
    Phil C
    03 R1150RT 'DaRTh'
    00 R1100RA 'LeRoy'

Anyone in the Panhandle?

Big Bend:)

I just did it last month from CA.. BB is worth the ride indeed. Winter is BETTER there, as I did it in summer one year and it was HOT. I was going to Mexico too, but advise a lot of research first, because they are in a war with drug lords and guns right now, at many border areas from TX to AZ. Juarez especially is HOT right now and "not" advised, along with other crossings. DO your homework, if Mexico is on your agenda. Our Border Patrol has it in hand however and I felt safe knowing they were out there in "large numbers" patroling. West TX is a fine ride. Randy

SCDorman
    Hi folks. I'm returning to the forum after a few years away due to work, life, etc. Anyway, I'm in the process of moving from Iowa to Keller, TX (Ft Worth suburb), and am looking forward to trying out some of the local roads. Any insight on good rides would be most appreciated. I'll have my bike in Tejas some time in the next couple weeks, and hope to use it on my commute as often as possible.

Lee, don't know if you remember, but a few of my music-loving buddies and I had a beer with you at The Gingerman in Austin a few years back during SXSW.

Regards to all,

Welcome!!!

I do hope you'll join us at the NATIONAL Rally of Texas . . .

April

10th-12th ÔÇô 16th Texas National Rally ÔÇô Lake Belton, TX, Cedar Ridge Park, Turkey Roost Group Camping Area, GPS Coordinates: N31.10,08 W97.27,09. Cost: $10 per tent. Hosted by: BMW Club of Houston, Ltd. Texas wildflowers should be at their best in mid-April. Friday evening we will have Dorothy GoodallÔÇÖs ÔÇ£World FamousÔÇØ Beans and Ham (while it lasts) ÔÇô compliments of the BMW Club of Houston. Plenty of shaded camping, we will have the entire Turkey Roost Area to ourselves. Nice, clean showers, covered pavilion, several RV spots with electricity and water. This is a ÔÇ£no frills rallyÔÇØ ÔÇô no registration, no t-shirts. Contact ÔÇô Mike Murphy, bmwmike@sbcglobal.net, 281-413-7042.
    Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Welcome!!!

I do hope you'll join us at the NATIONAL Rally of Texas . . .

Voni
    sMiling
    GPS Coordinates: N31.10,08 W97.27,09

What format are the above coordinates? N31.1008 W97.2709 or N31 deg 10 min 8 sec and W97 deg 27 min 9 sec
    Jim Puckett
    www.notsupermanrally.com
    IBA 24142
    MOA 112409

laukkanen
    Just joined MOA recently but this seems like the right place to say hello.

Would like to meet some of you guys in the Houston area for rides, moved down here from CT for work about a year ago and my riding buddies are pretty far away now!