Thread: Cold, Snow and a Hack

Canadian Rockies Rider

Cold, Snow and a Hack

On Sunday afternoon while returning home from Church, I passed through Airdrie Alberta on highway Two. Airdrie is just north of Calgary Alberta. It was snowing with about 3 inches already on the road with awful driving conditions. The temp around 0C (32f). To my surprise, coming up the north bound ramp and entering the highway was an airhead hack. The rig was two wheel drive, older, and great looking! He was moving at a good rate without much traction loss. I tried to get along side but the road conditions prevented me from getting a good look. As I marveled at this intrepid traveler, a black lab poked his head up from inside the hack. What a view. Anyone know this traveler?
    Where to ride today? Mountains or Prairies? Prairies or mountains or.........
    2004 R1150 RT, 85 GPZ900, 74 H1E MACHIII

Don't know him, but a guy here in Laramie has a Ural hack he rides around town in the snow. He's made me think about doing the same.
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

mystery hack

Those Rocky Bow Riders are tough.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

I ride mine in the snow.
    I only have one wheel drive though.
    I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return. Please ask me to wait.
    Any tool if used improperly can be used as a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman126 View Post
    I ride mine in the snow.
    I only have one wheel drive though.
    Years ago in New Englad I had a /2 with Globe hack. I found the one-wheel drive a little dicey in snow deeper than a couple inches and the lack of a third brake made stopping on icy roads pretty interesting. I wish I'd never sold it.
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabird View Post
    Years ago in New Englad I had a /2 with Globe hack. I found the one-wheel drive a little dicey in snow deeper than a couple inches and the lack of a third brake made stopping on icy roads pretty interesting. I wish I'd never sold it.
    Your right about that. It doesn't go all that great in deep snow. Even having a brake on the hack, it's still a little dicy stopping on icey roads. It does make for an interesting ride though.
    I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return. Please ask me to wait.
    Any tool if used improperly can be used as a hammer.