Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Served!!

Bob
    US Air Force
    Nov '87 - Dec '07

Structural Craftsman, mostly in RED HORSE, building the bases in the places nobody wanted bases built. (Lots of time spent in deserts and jungles).

k75sprint

Usmc

USMC
    1989-1993
    CH-53 A, D and E models, sheetmetal mechanic, aircrew.
    Stationed in Tustin CA with HMH-361 1989-1991.
    Stationed with HMX-1, Marine Presidential Helicopter Squadron, Quantico VA 1991-1993 changed MOS to full time CH53E Naval Aircrewman, Crewchief. Probably the best enlisted Marine Corps job a person could want. I still miss it, best time of my life.

BUDDINGGEEZER
    Army National Guard 1970-1976. Before the 6 years were up, I wish I had been drafted. Made buck sargent, discharged spec 4. Guess I wasn't NCO material.

Ralph Sims

No service for me . Was sole surviving son.
    Thanks to all who have served and continue to serve!
    I did have many friends , past and current ,who died or at minimum were affected for life.
    Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

U.S. Navy 1971-1975 then 1980-1984 I didn't get enough the first time. LOL
    USS Howard W. Gilmore (AS-16)
    USS Holland (AS-32)
    Shore duty, NAS North Island,
    USS Peterson (DD-969)

ricks01

old k-9

i served in the "gentleman's" branch of the military, USAF from 1978 to 1983. was a law enforcement drug/patrol dog handler. man it was great! started at Langley VA, barely got broken in and was sent to Spangdahlem Germany for two years. that is where i learned to love beemers. only got to ride a stinkin MOPED on the german highways though. lusted after many euro bikes while i walked or bicycled nearly everywhere... last base was eglin fla, wonderful duty, beach patrol w/the dog! had it not been for the possibility of going to korea, i'd still be in probably. now i still serve as a police officer in williamsburg va. been a great ride, literally. my one great wish before the dirt-nap is to ride in europe...

US Army, 1976-2003. Counter-intelligence agent, Area Intelligence Officer for Middle East & Latin America. Shhh don't tell.

Dave H
    San Antonio, TX

jmbiii
    U.S. Navy - 1961 > 1970 ASW aircrew SH-3A helos - USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown
    Virginia Army National Guard - 1 year - electronics maint. UH-1 "Hueys"
    U.S. Coast Guard Reserve - electronics tech. CGAS Elizabeth City NC, TraCen Yorktown VA

Finally retired from the military in 2003 after 42 years.

Oh, and before all that I was in the Civil Air Patrol. That makes four out of the five services . . . . I did go drinking with some Marine buddies. That sort of counts.

JB

Usaf

Served from 1955 to 1975. One tour in Viet Nam '67-'68. Retired.

Bob Schrader
    Wentzville, Mo.
    'K1200LTC

Canadian Forces 1977-95 wearing a nice sky blue Air Force uniform. Communication Research (USN equivalent CTR, CTO, CTI, CTT) . Spent last 2 years of service doing radiation safety and NBC stuff.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ÔÇ£If you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular!ÔÇØ http://www.yearroundriders.com

warredon

Usn

USN - Sept. 65 - Jan. 70 Served aboard USS Saratoga in Fighter Squadron 31 (F4 Phantoms) as a mechanic. I was an AME which included working on ejection seats, canopies, air conditioning, pressurization, liquid oxygen systems, and bleed air systems. I believe this picture was taken somewhere in Malta.
    Attached Images Attached Images

R.o.t.c.

Does ROTC count??
    I served bravely at Michigan Sate College from 1953 to 1955. Narrowly escaped serious injury by a speeding bicycle who was illegally riding on sidewalk!
    I was an M.P. and directed traffic during weekly parades down Grand River St. in East Lansing on Thursdays. I was never shot at but I didn't go to West Virginia Tech.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

Mudbug
    U.S. Army - June 11, 1970 to February 24, 1972, MP, 4th USASA Field Station.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office - February 1973 to April 1993, numerous assignments, retired a Lieutenant. Very political. On very rare occasions you get to make a difference in someone's life.

Most of the time neither was enjoyable. But it was worth it. I learned a lot about people.

When I was 33 years old my oldest son told me that I was very old. He was 5.

The happiest day of my life was the day first son was born. The day my second son was born tied that.

USN 1968-1972
    QM2(SS)
    USS Nathan Hale SSB(N)623 Gold
    I was on a submarine; the rest of you were on targets!
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

USN vet and USA retired

US Navy 78-84 OT (Argentia NFLD, Keflavik Iceland, Centerville Beach, CA)
    US Army 86-00 Signal (Ft Hood TX, Darmstadt GE, Ft Gordon, GA)
    DOD Contractor since 2000