Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Served!!

US Air Force
    Nov '87 - Dec '07

Structural Craftsman, mostly in RED HORSE, building the bases in the places nobody wanted bases built. (Lots of time spent in deserts and jungles).

Usmc

USMC
    1989-1993
    CH-53 A, D and E models, sheetmetal mechanic, aircrew.
    Stationed in Tustin CA with HMH-361 1989-1991.
    Stationed with HMX-1, Marine Presidential Helicopter Squadron, Quantico VA 1991-1993 changed MOS to full time CH53E Naval Aircrewman, Crewchief. Probably the best enlisted Marine Corps job a person could want. I still miss it, best time of my life.

Army National Guard 1970-1976. Before the 6 years were up, I wish I had been drafted. Made buck sargent, discharged spec 4. Guess I wasn't NCO material.

Ralph Sims

No service for me . Was sole surviving son.
    Thanks to all who have served and continue to serve!
    I did have many friends , past and current ,who died or at minimum were affected for life.
    Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

U.S. Navy 1971-1975 then 1980-1984 I didn't get enough the first time. LOL
    USS Howard W. Gilmore (AS-16)
    USS Holland (AS-32)
    Shore duty, NAS North Island,
    USS Peterson (DD-969)

old k-9

i served in the "gentleman's" branch of the military, USAF from 1978 to 1983. was a law enforcement drug/patrol dog handler. man it was great! started at Langley VA, barely got broken in and was sent to Spangdahlem Germany for two years. that is where i learned to love beemers. only got to ride a stinkin MOPED on the german highways though. lusted after many euro bikes while i walked or bicycled nearly everywhere... last base was eglin fla, wonderful duty, beach patrol w/the dog! had it not been for the possibility of going to korea, i'd still be in probably. now i still serve as a police officer in williamsburg va. been a great ride, literally. my one great wish before the dirt-nap is to ride in europe...

US Army, 1976-2003. Counter-intelligence agent, Area Intelligence Officer for Middle East & Latin America. Shhh don't tell.

Dave H
    San Antonio, TX

U.S. Navy - 1961 > 1970 ASW aircrew SH-3A helos - USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown
    Virginia Army National Guard - 1 year - electronics maint. UH-1 "Hueys"
    U.S. Coast Guard Reserve - electronics tech. CGAS Elizabeth City NC, TraCen Yorktown VA

Finally retired from the military in 2003 after 42 years.

Oh, and before all that I was in the Civil Air Patrol. That makes four out of the five services . . . . I did go drinking with some Marine buddies. That sort of counts.

JB

Usaf

Served from 1955 to 1975. One tour in Viet Nam '67-'68. Retired.

Bob Schrader
    Wentzville, Mo.
    'K1200LTC

Canadian Forces 1977-95 wearing a nice sky blue Air Force uniform. Communication Research (USN equivalent CTR, CTO, CTI, CTT) . Spent last 2 years of service doing radiation safety and NBC stuff.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ÔÇ£If you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular!ÔÇØ http://www.yearroundriders.com

warredon

Usn

USN - Sept. 65 - Jan. 70 Served aboard USS Saratoga in Fighter Squadron 31 (F4 Phantoms) as a mechanic. I was an AME which included working on ejection seats, canopies, air conditioning, pressurization, liquid oxygen systems, and bleed air systems. I believe this picture was taken somewhere in Malta.
    Attached Images Attached Images

R.o.t.c.

Does ROTC count??
    I served bravely at Michigan Sate College from 1953 to 1955. Narrowly escaped serious injury by a speeding bicycle who was illegally riding on sidewalk!
    I was an M.P. and directed traffic during weekly parades down Grand River St. in East Lansing on Thursdays. I was never shot at but I didn't go to West Virginia Tech.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

U.S. Army - June 11, 1970 to February 24, 1972, MP, 4th USASA Field Station.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office - February 1973 to April 1993, numerous assignments, retired a Lieutenant. Very political. On very rare occasions you get to make a difference in someone's life.

Most of the time neither was enjoyable. But it was worth it. I learned a lot about people.

When I was 33 years old my oldest son told me that I was very old. He was 5.

The happiest day of my life was the day first son was born. The day my second son was born tied that.
    Lache pas la patate
    -
    Robert Odendahl

USN 1968-1972
    QM2(SS)
    USS Nathan Hale SSB(N)623 Gold
    I was on a submarine; the rest of you were on targets!
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

USN vet and USA retired

US Navy 78-84 OT (Argentia NFLD, Keflavik Iceland, Centerville Beach, CA)
    US Army 86-00 Signal (Ft Hood TX, Darmstadt GE, Ft Gordon, GA)
    DOD Contractor since 2000