Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lake Superior Circle Tour

Did the circle after the national

Some friends and I took off due north from West Bend in '07, west into MN then a great side trip to Ely, MN then east via Thunder Bay. It was all great, but the eastern side of the lake on Rt 17 was spectacular. The sun didn't set until 10pm-ish and we had the best weather possible. Truly a gem of a jaunt. It was slightly Nova Scotia-like which is a wonderful thing for those who haven't experienced it...

Enjoy and be safe!
    Keith
    MOA# 124435
    2006 R1200RT
    2005 R1150RT (sold)
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (RIP)
    1985 Suzuki GS1150ES (Still alive in friends hands)
    1982 Honda CB750F (RIP)

North side

Hi, I have done the North Shore of Lake Superior many times and lived in the Wawa area. There are many parks to camp at including the Sleeping Giant outside of Thunder Bay, stop at the Ouimet Canyon for a suspended bridge walk, heading east Rossport is spectacular with camping at Rainbow, and Neys Park. East of Wawa there are many to name including Gargantua, Agawa, Lake Superior Park has many small day parks within that are truly amazing including Old Woman Bay, Katherine's Cove, and the Sand River that offer great vistas and hiking trails with a must stop at Pancake Bay Park.

There is also small cottage style opportunities along the shoreline.

See the website below if you are interested.

http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/ont_map.html

Good luck,
    Jamie

Thumbs up

Used to live in Chicago so I used to ride up that way quite a bit 25 years ago...
    I love the UP and the Kewanaw Penisula. Great camping, roads and places to stop and just enjoy.
    Did do a complete circle around Lake Superior once too. I think I rode from St Ignace, MI to Grand Marais in one day. Wasn't anything fantastic scenery wise and it rained a lot but it was fun.