Thread: Highway 212 _ Bear Tooth Pass

Highway 212 _ Bear Tooth Pass

Montana DOT has this road listed as "preliminary construction started". Has anyone been on this road from Yellowstone to Red Lodge in the last week or so? Montana is notorious for removing large sections of two lane roads, leaving gravel and large rocks covered frequently with water from large water spewing trucks leaving a very slick sticky surface behind.

If they have started to remove pavement, I MAY alter my incoming route to Spokane, or quickly acquire a GS ride !!

Gene Chapman
    K1200LT

Talking

I went over it on June 15th. I don't remember any construction.
    Cold at the top.

Montana is notorious for removing large sections of two lane roads, leaving gravel and large rocks covered frequently with water from large water spewing trucks leaving a very slick sticky surface behind.

Boy did I find that out the ard way on hwy 200 three years ago coming out of kalispell heading west. I see a sign that says road construction ahead and think no big deal until I see they removed 7 miles of road with 7 miles of gravel with one lane packed and the other lane loose gravel I had to split the lane because I didn't dare go into the loose stuff on my LT and go down.

Frank
    life alas.
    is very drear,
    up with the glass,
    down with the beer!!

The July 1 Montana travelers report did not list any work near Bear Tooth Pass.
    Frank G.
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    2004 R1150RT