Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Throttlemeister bar ends

DanRT02

Throttlemeister bar ends

I'd like to be able to lock the throttle on my R1150RT at times. Are the Throttlemeister bar ends worth the money?

Rally Rat
    The quality and finish are very good. I had them on my RS and now the S. Are they worth the money?...........that's kind of a hard one to answer. There are other brands that do basically the same thing, as well as other types of devices (Salamander, Throttlerocker). I guess it was worth the $120 to me, as I bought a second set for my second bike.

Have T-Meisters on a couple of bikes, have since tried Kaoko brand from Adventure Workshop on my GS,I also have put them on a few R bikes as well
    ...easier to use with winter gloves ...same price range. They are all pricey, but are nice to have anyways. The Kaoko work better than the T-Meisters for bikes with handguards from my experience also.
    http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/k...lecontrols.htm
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Throttlemeisters were designed by Del Fisher, a long-time BMW rider.

When he retired, he sold his company (Marker Machine) to the employees, and they continue to make and sell the product. His son, Fred Fisher, is still with them.

I've been using Throttlemeisters since Del first started making them. I strongly endorse them.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar

Throttlemeisters

I picked up a set for my R1150RT at the Dells rally last September. Fred Fisher even installed them for me! Good fit & finish and they work great. I would recommend them!
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

I have used them for about 7 years

on my last two bikes. Before that i used something else distributed by a large East Coast dealer that i didn't like nearly as well....

I like them a lot, but beware of the fact that they can get "sticky" with the grips on HIGH

I use them on my RT. They hold the throttle at a constant input, not a constant speed. They look good and work.
    Jim Johnson, OP Kansas
    Marcus Aurelius: "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

I have them on my RT and they are probably in the top 3 for best value/usefulness for the money.
    When the grip heater is on, they have a different range of adjustment. Not a problem.
    With my arthritis, they're indispensable on a longer ride.
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel". '05 Yellow KLR 650
    '00 Red Suzuki Bandit 600
    '65 Allstate/Puch 250 twingle
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

Throttlemeister bar ends

I've been using the throttlemeister for about 4 months on my GS. They help reduce fatigue and I would recommend them. I will point out some disappointment, however, but keep in mind it may just be operator error. It is hard to maintain a constant speed and they seem to cause some acceleration, even though I'm not rolling on the throttle. Disengaging also is a little awkward, and lastly, with cold wear gloves there is less feel of control. Because of these issues, I only use them on highways with moderate or less traffic. In spite of the drawbacks, I still recommend them

I have them on my K1 and have had them on other bikes. It's an excellent product that is beautifully finished - a real compliment to a BMW bike. The only concern is that they are a wee bit touchy to adjust for the right amount of free play when "off" and yet still have sufficient drag when "on", but with a couple of adjustments you can get them spot on.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

I had a Throttlemiester on a 1991 RS and on a 2000 ST1100. They worked well and looked good. I have the Kaoko on my 08 GS and it works well and looks good too. I would probably go with the Throttlemiester if I were to buy another street bike, and would likely stick with the Kaoko on another dual sport, assuming of course that neither had an electronic cruise control which I would prefer over both.

DanRT02
    Well, with the help from you guys another set of Throttlemisters have been sold.
    Thanks for you help. I will be ordering a set this weekend.

Mudbug
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRT02 View Post
    I'd like to be able to lock the throttle on my R1150RT at times. Are the Throttlemeister bar ends worth the money?
    Yes.

DanRT02
    I'm sold on them.
    Where is the best place to buy BMW accessories and after market accessories for the R1150RT?

DanRT02
    I have one more question before I order these.
    The Throttlemeister comes in two weights. Standard and Heavy.

I don't get a lot of vibration thru the handlebars with just the OEM end weights.
    Which of the TM bar end weights are the same weight as the OEM?