Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biergarten Coming

Thumbs up I will try to be there!

Hey Paul,
    I will try to be there. I have some things going on possibly that day but if I can manage it I will be by. I hope to see you.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Not sure the waitresses will look like this.
    Steve,

Hope you can make it. Looks like about half-a-dozen so far.

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Waiting for you - tomorrow 3/19/09

Here is a little of what is on tap for you tomorrow.

It's already "tomorrow" in Thailand! All I have if this locally brewed Heineken.
    See you in early September on the ride from Vt. to South Florida.

Good Times!!

I went down to Wolffs Biergarten after work tonight and met up with Paulbach, Dan, Lisa, and Bob (enfoman). I enjoyed some dinner with a couple bratwursts, which were served with some sauerkraut, some smashed red potatoes, and a dinner roll. I also had a couple Spaten Octoberfests.

Loading
    Clockwise, Paulbach, Dan, Lisa, Stephen (empeg9000)

Dan drank from the 2 liter Birthday Boot and had some of the house ale. You have to leave your ID at the bar if you want to imbibe from the birthday boot. It costs $40 should you break it.

Lisa had some from the Birthday boot as well.

Bottoms up! Dan had no problems polishing off the birthday boot.

I have a good time hanging out with everyone. Thanks to Paulbach for getting us together.

PS. Sorry for the low quality photos, everyone forgot their cameras and a cell phone camera was all we had.

That looked like a lot of fun! How were the eats?

Hey the pictures are fine and a great time was had by all. Lets do this again! Next time I'll remember the camera. I was sure it was in the top case. Wonder where it went?
    Photo by ENFOMAN

Thumbs up Good Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    That looked like a lot of fun! How were the eats?
    Hey Jon,
    The food was good. According to Dan, who is a regular to Germany, it was very good and authentic. I just knew it tasted good.

Talking

Great time had by all! The loudness of the garden got higher as the night went on as more and more people came in through the front door although the firehouse garage door right besides it was wide open. That was a point of interest as we sat and had conversation. Also, It is great to have pics of Paul on the forum. Maybe he should forget his camera a bit more and be in more photos Although you do look to be a bit naked in the garden without it Paul!

Bob

First order of business when we get rolling this morning is to put a small camera in the riding jacket. But it is amazing how well the cell phone did saving the day.

Will be returning soon to Biergarten to get prices for the Brunch. Will be putting together another event soon. Hope more riders can join us. There are a lot of Beemer riders in the area but no easy way to contact them.

Maybe can schedule a weekend event that involves a ride and a stop for the brunch.

That big glass boot holds two liters and is FREE if you arrive on your birthday.

Food was good and reasonable priced - could get dinner for under $10. I had the Brats (two large beef brats, potato salad, sauerkraut and roll. Put down a ten spot and got change back. When ENFOMAN and I arrived there was no line. When EMPEG9000 got in line the wait tried one's patience.

Not bad for the first shot out of the box. Definately have to get bck for potato pancake night.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Food was good and reasonable priced - could get dinner for under $10. I had the Brats (two large beef brats, potato salad, sauerkraut and roll. Put down a ten spot and got change back. When ENFOMAN and I arrived there was no line. When EMPEG9000 got in line the wait tried one's patience.

Not bad for the first shot out of the box. Definitely have to get back for potato pancake night.
    Yeah the wait was long. I think they just don't have their system down yet. The bartenders are also not fully up to speed. A bartender in a busy bar should move with a little more urgency.

Oh one final note for anyone heading over, they take cash only. I only went with a $20 and I bought dinner for two so I had to hit up the atm in there at a $2 charge.

All in all it was a cool place to go and I will go back for sure when Paul organizes the next event.

Nice! Glad you had a good time, wish it was a little closer to South Jersey!
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

ima4nr

Thank you! Very, very informative. Will keep that in mind for the next birthday party.

Can you remember the German word for spontaneous good time. It was the theme of the Wisconsin Rally. Looked like geimenschaft but that is definitely not the word.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 03-20-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Can you remember the German word for spontaneous good time. It was the theme of the Wisconsin Rally. Looked like geimenschaft but that is definitely not the word.
    Gemuelichkeit ? Close?
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

Close enough Bob. Or is it fahrvergnugen?

The History Channel's Modern Marvels tonight was on..... beer . The Bavarian beer drinkers talked about gemutlichkeit and what it means. They didn't mention a BMW rally.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S