Thread: A super GS list - FREE

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

A super GS list - FREE

Presently trying to work some great material from Michael Murray into the January column. MAX BMW in Troy, NY sponsored Michael and even threw in a few lunch for those who attended. Thank you Ben! Michael's photography is spectacular and the adventure should be seen if Michael is presented by your dealer.

In the meantime download his great list even if you are not a GS rider. In an email to Michael Murray I suggested he consider adding SPOT to his list.

Four our MOA thread to SPOT click here.

The Trans-America Trail (TAT) is nearly 5,000 miles of dirt, brush, rock, sand, mountain terrain, river crossings, swamps, and just about every other kind of
    terrain you can think of. If you’re planning to ride all or parts of the Trans-America Trail, you’ll need to be prepared.

Michael Murray, adventure motorcyclist and cameraman for the Road Less Traveled documentary has compiled a list of “What to Bring” which will help you be more prepared for your adventure on the Trans-America Trail.
    Here is the link to the FREE and superlative list.

Click Here
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Strange that in his Survival Gear (When things go wrong): section, he hasn't listed a PLB. Any serious adventurer going anywhere really remote, would.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    My CRS Syndrome is kicking up again? PLB? If perchance that is a device like SPOT I did send a note suggesting the same.
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

looks to be a good list. what's the chain lube for

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    My CRS Syndrome is kicking up again? PLB? If perchance that is a device like SPOT I did send a note suggesting the same.
    PLB = Personal Locater Beacon

(Forum search of "PLB": http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14317)

Fred

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    ...what's the chain lube for....
    Wise guy!

Fred
    '09 F800GS (chain drive)
    '07 R1200R (Jurassic drive)

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    As already stated: Personal Locator Beacon.

If I was serious about being found by Search And Rescue (SAR), and who wouldn't be, I'd be taking a PLB on a tour, whether I go solo or in a group.

I plan to have a new one before I head to Iceland...when I get the extra time off to tour there. Another 3 years and 9 months to an early retirement. Yes!!! But who is counting.

IMO, the SPOT is great for laying breadcrumbs and OK messages that someone can follow along at home on the PC. As for saving my life...sorry, no way I trust it.