Thread: Nolan Helmet!

Nolan Helmet!

The sun visor on my Nolan keeps flipping down at speed. It only started to do this after about riding most of the summer. It does not come all the way down but drops down about half way at the most inopportune times. It is just slightly annoying. I had a Schuberth helmet for several years and the face shield would pop down, actually would slam down and the cure was to buy new parts that went into the mechanism. Then they would lose their fixation properties after a while.
    Is this what I have to do with my Nolan? Buy new friction parts?
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

Thumbs up Nolan Helmet

Don't know how old the helmet is but one of my Nolan's is older " purchased in 04" and the rubber seal on the flip up went bad. I contacted Nolan and they sent me a new seal for free no qoestions asked. Can't hurt to ask.

What's the phone # for nolan helmets if you don't mind, thanks.

K Fanatic
    I haven't had the same problem, but I wonder if you've taken the visor off and perhaps reinstalled it wrong or broken off one of the tabs. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag View Post
    Don't know how old the helmet is but one of my Nolan's is older " purchased in 04" and the rubber seal on the flip up went bad. I contacted Nolan and they sent me a new seal for free no qoestions asked. Can't hurt to ask.
    I have the same issue - where is the rubber seal you speak of.

Hey Zigzag,

What is the contact info you used. I have the exact same problem also.Seems to be a pattern.

josh

Nolan Help Here

Give Keith a call at CIMA International, they are the importer of Nolan Helmets. Tell him what is wrong and he can hook you up. This is not the number that I used, but the only one I can find at this time. Please confirm if the number is good so others can benefit.

Phone: 630-701-1601 or toll free 866-2helmet.
    Jim Mock
    2008 R1200RT (The Blue Mule), R90/6 (New to me)
    MSF RiderCoach
    "Spring loaded to the riding position!"

I had the same issue along with a line across my shield from the sun visor. I was at Americade in 06 I explained the issue to the Nolan vendor & she told me to go get my Helmet. She installed all new parts on the sides & put a new shild & sun visor on under warranty.

She also told me I didn't have it assembled right & showed me how it's done correctly.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

Thumbs up Nolan Helmats

It was the rubber strip that seals between the helmet and the flip up. Anyway it helps with noise and moisture. As I recall I did leave a message for a man named Keith.

Nolan is a GREAT company...........never an issue with service or parts needed......never a charge so far.
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello