Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up

3 20.00%
  • 1/2 way

7 46.67%
  • Down

5 33.33%

Thread: RT riders, do you ride with windshield up or down ???

RT riders, do you ride with windshield up or down ???

Do you ride with your windshield up ?

Do you ride with your windshield 1/2 way ?

Do you ride with your windshield down ?

Why...

Depends on tempratures cold=up, cool= 1/2 way down, warm= down.
    Fair day riding better than great day working.
    Verpiss dich harley
    scott weber
    04 R1150RT

aterveen_1487

RT Ride

Just rode a '02 r1150rt today as a prospect to buy. Currently I own a '85 K100RS and love it, but the wife to be isn't comfortable on it as there is a lot of turbulance that causes her head to bob...even with the aero flow windshield. I must say I was disappointed...love the power and the smooth transition b/t gears...but not the sport feel I thought it would have. The BMW dealer told me that they were 2 seperate riding styles...guess I was blinded by the look and thought. Having a tough time bringing myself to terms with buying it now as when I was riding the K home I was at home....just the bike or the mind?

Just high enough to where my eyes are looking over about 3" of my Cee Bailey euro-cut windshield. Nice view and no wind. I suppose that is about the halfway up/down point.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Mine changes as my seat height and temperature change. I will even change it in mid ride. However mine is usually at one of the extremes and not in the middle.

Yes, I change my seat height every so often to keep from getting sore on long rides. It was hint that Paul Glaves passed along, figure he knows what he is doing
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

I have the tall BMW shield and ride with it in the full up position on the road. However, I lower it about 4" whenever I get into around town traffic.

Wayne Fernandez
    MWF
    The Road Goes On Forever

DZIMBRIC

Re: RT Ride

Originally posted by buffalo_roast
    Just rode a '02 r1150rt today as a prospect to buy. Currently I own a '85 K100RS and love it, but the wife to be isn't comfortable on it as there is a lot of turbulance that causes her head to bob...even with the aero flow windshield. I must say I was disappointed...love the power and the smooth transition b/t gears...but not the sport feel I thought it would have. The BMW dealer told me that they were 2 seperate riding styles...guess I was blinded by the look and thought. Having a tough time bringing myself to terms with buying it now as when I was riding the K home I was at home....just the bike or the mind?
    I did a track day on my '04RT with Loreapam on his RS. Took off the cases, taillight etc and had a blast. We both run twinsparks. That may be the biggest difference between the 02 and 04. I'm not sure if the '-2 has the six-speed box. Was out screaping the pegs yesterday.

Sorry didn't mean to hikjack this thread.
    I ride with my windshield as low as I can and still avoid buffeting. Ya outta see all the dead bugs on my helmet.