Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Non-heated winter gloves

1+ on BMW ProWinter gloves. I find they are very high quality. Temp range warm down to the mid to upper 30's(F) with heated grips on the RT. Heat not needed if it's in the 40's or above. Pretty good dexterity and 'feel' for a winter weight glove. They appear to be supplanted by the ProWinter 2. Mine look like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt

I did find some Olympia gloves that have a divider down the center, one side for grip, the other for warmth. Seemed like they would work for when the heated grips are on, but I found it very difficult to get my fingers in, due to the multi-layered feature. I ended up buying Olympia #4370 style gloves, a waterproof leather/textile combination. While out riding yesterday in 40 degree weather and 40 MPH winds, my hands were confortable with the heated grips on the low setting. My right thumb started to get cold as the sun went down, but that is normal for me, as it was frost-bit, and gets cold easy. I'm guessing anything under 35 degrees will require heated gloves, as the insulation on the back of the hand/wrist isn't that great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    john1691
    2006 KTM 950 Super Moto

Anyone have info on gloves that are warm in the 20's-30's F

Quote Originally Posted by DPeakMD View Post
    1+ on BMW ProWinter gloves. I find they are very high quality. Temp range warm down to the mid to upper 30's(F) with heated grips on the RT. Heat not needed if it's in the 40's or above. Pretty good dexterity and 'feel' for a winter weight glove. They appear to be supplanted by the ProWinter 2. Mine look like this:
    These are ProSummers-

These I use as 3-season gloves and add liners for temps into the 40s.

ProWinter2s look like this-

The ProWinter2 are for temps below 40.

I do NOT have heated grips on my 650-which is my everyday ride.