Thread: Non-heated winter gloves

Hybrid View

Non-heated winter gloves

I haven't bought winter gloves in years and thought I'd check to see if you have some positive testimonials. I have heated grips on my RT and seldom ride in temps colder than in the 40's. As for pricing, $50-$75 feels about right. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Heated gloves will keep your fingertips warm. The grips won't. If you get wet in the rain, heated gloves keep your wet hands warm. If you don't want them heated for short rides or warmer days, don't plug them in. I say "Why bother with anything else?".

robert living in a multi brand limbo, BMW, Honda and Harley.

I have heated grips and just use a heavy-weight, winter glove with a glove liner. I've ridden in temps as low as the twenties and that seems to be more than enough.

Link for glove liners: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ove-Liner.aspx

I've heard a few others comment about installing GS hand guards during the winter to reduce wind on the hand grips.

I absolutely love my Olympia all season gloves. I lost my first pair to our dogs and just bought a new pair at the Catskill rally. They're about $70.00 and work great in the conditions you describe. They give good feel for a winter gove and are luxuriosly comfortable. I have a pair of the BMW waterproof winter gloves and while they would be better in real cold or real wet (Under 30 dry or under 45 wet. Under 30 degrees wet is not an option for me.). They are bulky and have poor feel. I"ve used the Olympias from 60 down to about 25 on my old RT with heated grips and have not been cold.
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT

Outa your price range but I bought a pair of Lee Parks Designs deer skin insulated gloves last year. I've been pretty impressed with them so far & they're not bulky at all like most cold weather gloves so i've still got plenty of feel for the controls.

Look at the Tourmaster Polar-Tex gloves and consider the silk liners.
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel". '05 Yellow KLR 650
    '00 Red Suzuki Bandit 600
    '65 Allstate/Puch 250 twingle
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

+1 on the Olympia All Season's. I used them through the winter in NE and was very pleased. Gore-tex too. With heated grips, I was OK down to the low 30s.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...mpia-gore-tex/

There's the Webbikeworld review link for your consideration
    Dave
    Current: 07 Silver R1200RT
    03 Silver F650 CS (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by pirana View Post
    Outa your price range but I bought a pair of Lee Parks Designs deer skin insulated gloves last year. I've been pretty impressed with them so far & they're not bulky at all like most cold weather gloves so i've still got plenty of feel for the controls.
    +1 So far, I've worn them in ~50 deg weather without the grip heaters and my hands have been fine.

I find that the heated grips provide plenty of warmth. The key is to find gloves that are waterproof, but still fairly lightweight. I tried some snowmobile gloves, but they were just to thick. I ended up with hunting gloves from Cabelas.