Thread: R1150RT handle bar swap

Hybrid View

Question R1150RT handle bar swap

Hi folks. I am hoping to get some advice from someone who's changed their RT stock handlebars over to the tube type bars. I know there's a kit to do this from Verholen or Eurotech but have any of you done this? I would really like to be able to change my bars to something about an inch lower and an inch more forward. Since all the wiring for the heated grips and such is on the outside I can see no real problems in switching over but advice from someone who's done the swap would surely be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: R1150RT handle bar swap

Originally posted by Bodyman
    Hi folks. I am hoping to get some advice from someone who's changed their RT stock handlebars over to the tube type bars. I know there's a kit to do this from Verholen or Eurotech but have any of you done this? I would really like to be able to change my bars to something about an inch lower and an inch more forward. Since all the wiring for the heated grips and such is on the outside I can see no real problems in switching over but advice from someone who's done the swap would surely be appreciated. Thanks.
    You might also be able to swap out a pair of the cast bars from the pre-20011/2 R1100R. They look very similar to the RT bars but are a little lower and a little more forward. I'm not sure about the bolt pattern.

MarkF
    MarkF