Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Driving lights

DZIMBRIC
    Originally posted by JimVonBaden
    New MotoLights!

I believe there is little more I can do to make myself conspicuous!

Jim
    Try some screamin eagles pipes and bright orange ears.

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Originally posted by dzimbric
    Try some screamin eagles pipes and bright orange ears.
    Actually I am about to install a Laser Race exhaust! Though it may be a bit too loud. BradfordBen apparently got the last set of Orange Ears.

Jim

DZIMBRIC

Orange EArs

Nope
    I saw someone sportin a pair at the Dells rally

Subzero Scooter Idiot oldcarkook's Avatar
    I don't want to miss out on any opportunities to show off my PIAA 1100X Lights which are like laser beams. I have been told that any auxillary light mounted above the headlight(s) is "illegal" but I get inspected every year no problem and it's not been an issue with law enforcement at all so far (4 years). I like this setup because the lights have a lot of separation and are very visible and they are functional beyond belief. They have all but eliminated left turn jammers.

These are mounted on EMP Designs Mirror Mount Brackets that use the existing mirror mount bolts and require NO DRILLING. They are awfully bright and you can't run them at night when in traffic, but highway use is ok as long as everyone has on sunglasses. I have them for conspicuity, not lighting, but find that they do both functions well!
    Experience is the comb that mother nature gives us when we are bald

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Hey thanks Foobeemer, I like it a lot and cant wait to hit 1 digits on the odometer. This bike is a keeper as far as I am concerned.

Jim, I like the motolights in conjunction with the driving lights. It is awesome how visible you are during the day, and how well it lights up the whole road from my tires out to the end of the high beam.
    I do like having the round lights as driving lights. It allows me to turn the bulb assembly and get a flatter beam on the road.

I like your setup, it almost identical to mine, and I know you have to see so much better.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Originally posted by lorazepam
    Hey thanks Foobeemer, I like it a lot and cant wait to hit 1 digits on the odometer. This bike is a keeper as far as I am concerned.

Jim, I like the motolights in conjunction with the driving lights. It is awesome how visible you are during the day, and how well it lights up the whole road from my tires out to the end of the high beam.
    I do like having the round lights as driving lights. It allows me to turn the bulb assembly and get a flatter beam on the road.

I like your setup, it almost identical to mine, and I know you have to see so much better.
    It sure makes all the difference in night riding!

You gave me the idea to mount my lights on the fairing a while back! Thanks!

Jim

2 Sets of Fog/Auxillary Light Wiring Question

Even after 9 years, this thread is about to come alive again!

On my '04 RT, I have PIAA 1100's wiried to my right side / grey cancelling switch.

I'd like to add a second set of fog/auxillary lights to my Hawk/Combo Highway Peg Rests.

So, if I purchase these from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ROUND-UNIV...e8d60c&vxp=mtr

... How does one wire these to their bike? ? ?

Can I split the powered wires off of my PIAA 1100's, and keep them all on the same grey cancelling switch?

Or, should I find a 12 V keyed source, and power it that way. Then, I'd have to find a place to mount another light switch on my dash board or handlebars.

Thanks for the original posting gentlemen!

Jim
    '10 R1200RT - Ostra Grey
    '04 R1150RT - New Life in Upstate N.Y.
    '04 R1150R - New Life in Virginia

re Driving lights

Here's a pretty good thread from last year about Autoswitch for driving lights or fog lights, triggered by the hi beam:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...A-light-switch

Any more lights and I'll look like a Walmart parking lot security patrol "flasher"
    Gaston
    Battle Ground, WA
    2002 Titan Silver BMW 1150RT

+1 on the Autoswitch, used that device to control Hella FF-50's on two Beemers, nice handy solution!

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by gporterie View Post
    Here's a pretty good thread from last year about Autoswitch for driving lights or fog lights, triggered by the hi beam:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...A-light-switch

Any more lights and I'll look like a Walmart parking lot security patrol "flasher"

just curious, but is there a term that can be used after "overkill" has been passed in a no passing zone?

I think you have successfully cancelled out the likelihood of "but Officer, I didn't see the motorcycle" as any variety of defense for the left turning cager.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    +1 on the Autoswitch, used that device to control Hella FF-50's on two Beemers, nice handy solution!

Cheers!
    +2 I also used them to controll Hella FF-50's.

Can you see me now?

1368747993.jpg
    I used to post here, but now I don't.