Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is my bike interfering with MP3 player?

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Originally posted by boxergrrlie
    Hey - don't show that nifty gadget (what is it?) to BradfordBenn or he'll want one!
    I already have an espresso maker.

Is that the 4 or 6 cup version?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

USERNAME

Re: MP3 stoppage mystery

PS - For the record, I am not a 'he'.
    oops, sorry. no offense meant. i get so used to everyone on here being a middle-aged white guy that i forget that there is some diversity in the group.

dlearl476
    Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    I already have an espresso maker.

Is that the 4 or 6 cup version?
    It's the 6. They come in 2, 4, and 6. Takes 6 to fill my travel cup!

REBECCAV

Re: Re: MP3 stoppage mystery

Originally posted by username
    oops, sorry. no offense meant. i get so used to everyone on here being a middle-aged white guy that i forget that there is some diversity in the group.
    No offense taken. A female on the forum does indicate some diversity, but so would a middle-aged white guy with the username of 'boxergrrlie.'

USERNAME

Re: Re: Re: MP3 stoppage mystery

No offense taken. A female on the forum does indicate some diversity, but so would a middle-aged white guy with the username of 'boxergrrlie.'
    as i understand it, girls can be grrls but guys cant, they can only be girls. so i should have known. i am now immersed in a deep vat of shame.

how's your mp3 player?

REBECCAV

Re: Re: Re: Re: MP3 stoppage mystery

Originally posted by username
    how's your mp3 player?
    Thanks for asking. I rode with it last night and I ran it on the internal battery (rather than plugging it into the bikes like before) and had it in my jacket pocket (rather than my tank bag as before). It worked perfectly!

This forum is so cool - tech info AND coffee info in one thread! Thanks everyone.

dlearl476
    Now the next step would be to run it in the tank bag on the batts. My feeling is that it's the vibes that are causing it to quit, not any power supply issue.
    FWIW, it think your mp3 player runs quite a while on a single or double AA. My MD player does and I actually use it on plane more than on the bike (XM there). I find a couple of rechargables and a small portable charger are indispensable. Three batteries and I'm good for a whole weekend of cross country flying, then I just pop the charger in when I get home.

dlearl476
    Next step is to install an inverter to power the Melitta: Boy would THAT be a popular item on those cold rally mornings!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dlearl476
    And packed for travel:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Acutally the Melitta should not need an inverter, the warming element doesn't care if it is AC or DC.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride