Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hi Viz

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Rob,
    Does that license plate frame help with conversations on the side of the road?
    I have never been stopped, but I am convinced that tailgaters back off. When I am passed, I get before and after turn signal consideration.
    Rob Mayes
    www.cyclecranks.com | 2000 BMW R1100RT (Current) | 2000 HD DynaWide Glide (Current)
    1985 Honda Magna V-65 | 1970 Norton Commando | 1966 Triumph Chopper | 1962 Honda 125 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by RJM2096 View Post
    I have never been stopped, but I am convinced that tailgaters back off. When I am passed, I get before and after turn signal consideration.
    Something to think about Rob is what might happen to your bike while parked in some parking lot while you’re away from it. Some low life who got a ticket last week sees your tag frame takes you for a cop and kicks your bike over or some such thing to get even with the cops for the trouble they caused him or her. If you go to your local police station parking lot where the officers park their cars you’ll see very few indicators on their cars to let the public know they are the police the few you may see are called Rookies. Sorry to get off the subject line but just a heads up.
    R and R

Quote Originally Posted by thompsonr View Post
    I got a new white helmet just because I read here how helpful it can be. I wear ATGATT and earplugs mostly after joining this site. I know your right. It’s a pain in the tail to get ready each time but better a pain now than later. Every time you come up with a good idea I take to it like a dog to a bone. As well I should.

Now I am ordering a new vest. It is the right thing to do. Makes perfect sense.

This is a photo of me about to go to the grocery store. I have added a little extra gear which appears to help people avoid me. Even when I pull into parking lots people give me parking spaces its just amazing. I think it’s the white helmet!

The AR's nice, but you should carry your namesake--a Thompson submachine-gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DPeakMD; 10-02-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: grammer
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt