Thread: Was New 750 Harley at Detroit Last Weekend

Was New 750 Harley at Detroit Last Weekend

Anybody brave the weather and go to the Progressive Show in Detroit last weekend? Planning on going to D.C. Show and would like to see their new model. Been a little disappointed in past years as to volume of content in years past, so need something a little different to look forward to.
    Charlie

No longer a member here
    We will have to wait until the end of the month here in Cleveland. Show is Jan 31-Feb 2. Will go with other local BMW club members.

New Harley Davidson was No Show

No new Harley Davidson @ Progressive Bike Show in D.C. last weekend. Wonder what excuse that they have for such a marketing blunder. Not in the market for one, but just wanted to see. I went directly to see new Indians next.
    There were a lot of new models from manufacturers and good to see in one place. Lots of people were there and I thought Show was a little better than previous years.
    Charlie

Regret I have not been to one of these shows. Is there much in the way of vendor participation...and I'm talking actual selling of products? Or do vendors just show off their products?
    '14 RT gone - '15 RT coming - '13 RT filling the interval
    MOA #46783

That seems to depend somewhat on what part of the country it's in. Here (with the Long Beach show), it's huge, and there are usually test rides available from several manufacturers. I don't know if they can sell a bike on the spot, but they certainly have sales people on hand to help twist your arm. Many many after-market vendors are also on hand, selling their goodies; some "catalog" vendors (for instance, National Cycle, and tire and battery manufacturers) have big displays but actually don't sell their wares at the show; you need to mail-order, but they will usually have somebody near the display to help you pick out the correct items for your ride.

D.C. Show

Doesn't even sound like the same Show as what was in (or will be) in Long Beach. Guess we got screwed
    by Washington again. Disappointing, but not surprised. Not a lot of vendors. No test rides that I know of. Nice 2 hr stroll though. Some very interesting stuff and but had to go, cause I was scared I would miss something. There were lots of people there though, so somebody must have another critique.
    Charlie

I didn't bother to look at the Harleys at the Atlanta show but their display-area was HUGE and they were the only manufacturer to make the brilliant move of having one of their bikes set-up in a treadmill so that anybody can hop on and actually start it up and put it through the gears.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad