Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: ADVrider not what it use to be

The Raven
    Exactly my point. I was an MOA member once, i liked the magazine but the membership lacked a lot of what I was looking for. I care less about ABS, IBR, Linked brakes, headlight modulators, Zumo, Touratech and spending 30k on the bike and name brand gear.
    With Advrider I had likeminded folks who could motivate, educate, and accomplish so much without having much money and an MD or JD behind thier name. They rode what they could afford, and if it was nice, they didnt brag about it. There where asshats, heck I was one, but they were generally dealt with. My biggest complaint is somtimes the punishment does not fit the crime. Even here I PMed the main mod from adv...and got nary a response.

The Raven
    I'm guessing the only way is to use the fake noob approach. Hopefully I can show a legit change of behavior, be able to avoid the guy who baited me and contact the folks who were decent behind the scenes.. I'm hoping that in time if I am ever found out the mods will be leinant and not reban me. I just hate taking the risk.

The Raven
    well, that lasted a whole few minutes...it's hard to know your friends. PM a couple folks who i thought were friends and get reported and banned. time to sign up as a new noob or get a reprise from a mod.

.......or just drink myself stupid and ride my g/s full speed into a semi....life sucks, i quit..
    Last edited by adamppaul; 09-23-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: final chapter

I just deleted what I'd written in response. As a counselor for 20+ years

Quote Originally Posted by adamppaul View Post
    life sucks, i quit..
    THAT . . . . would suck.
    I hope things work out for you man, I truly do.
    I'm out.

Permaban Heroes

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210758

CMWoody is one of the most accomplished riders and wrenches I know; but like some, he pissed off a mod and that Mod got all of his buddies together and did a permaban.

ChuckKLR
    OldBMWMaster
    HBBarbie
    GSDude

and the list is a long one. All people who rode a lot and are a benefit to the riding community.

Baldy is a jerk and he chooses the mods which fit his personality.

The OP is correct, a month or 6 months, or even a year ban could have been done; but back to Baldy's personality...he is a jnerk
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post

The OP is correct, a month or 6 months, or even a year ban could have been done; but back to Baldy's personality...he is a jnerk
    I wholeheartedly agree!!!
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

That OldBMWMaster guy got what he deserved.

"Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Btdt

I recently spent some time at ADVrider. I came away thinking that tho it definitely has its a-holes, it also has its upside. One balances the other, and just like the entire rest of the world, no one is forcing you to hang out in places where you'll get beat up.

I've read some amazing ride reports there including one from Africa that featured some of the most gut wrenching and tense moments imaginable, along with some poignant moments where the writer- a former SA army guy - met some folks who were in a regiment he'd fought against in a war. Great writing and wonderful, Introspective commentary for sure, came out of his experiences!

I also found advrider great for advice last year when planning a trip to Nove Scotia / Canada, too (same for this forum, thank you very much).

It was on ADVrider where I first became aware of RTWDoug- whom I bump into at vintage meets here and there- and who is very approachable and easy to talk to.

I most like:
    Ride Reports
    Day Trippin'
    Old's Cool
    a: Airheads
    b: Vintage Brit SuperThread (started by moi)
    Flea Market
    And
    "Inmates" has its good moments. (tho I don't go there too often)

So yes, IMO, ADVrider has its high AND low points. Seek your (insert your whatever here) where you find it. And quit going to places where you'll get picked to pieces, kor beat up. Also, some advice: if a strong retort is called for, then use one. It may get you some respect. Tho some may have been banned for posting some nudity, nobody even blinked when I told a couple people to f*** off. There are a lot of veteran posters there who view every newcomer as someone who is simply clueless and oh-so un hip to their "world". Which is something I personally could care less about- "their" world?!?!? Plus, if a guy has 75,000 posts on some website, how much actual motorcycling is he really doing? Heck some guys I ran up against in Jo Momma even came out and admitted they don't ride!!!

BTW, the aforementioned RR from Africa featured some pix of girls/women in their native clothing- or their native skin- and nobody seemed to mind, that is as far as I know, the RR didn't get pulled or the author banned. Another note: political or religious conversations will probably end badly in most segments of society in general, so why bother in Jo Momma, or CS&M? As an adult (my assumption) you really oughta know better.
    Last edited by bmwrider88; 09-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

More

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye View Post
    That OldBMWMaster guy got what he deserved.
    He deserved more than a permaban. What a douche; and rumor is he did not even own a motorcycle.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

The Raven
    OK....that really hurt when i got kicked back off and I am thinking it's a guy who suggested it that did the deed as he made no response. I am kind of agreeing that the big mods in Adv are complete *******s. I've contacted one over there through email and even PMed him here. He does not even have the decency to reply. Seriously Roger...WTF?

So, I got accepted over on FarmRulz. Ssems to be a decent site without too many *******s.....even if there are a bunch of adv mods there
    Last edited by adamppaul; 09-25-2012 at 05:20 PM.

The Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post

CMWoody is one of the most accomplished riders and wrenches I know; but like some, he pissed off a mod and that Mod got all of his buddies together and did a permaban.

ChuckKLR
    OldBMWMaster
    HBBarbie
    GSDude

and the list is a long one. All people who rode a lot and are a benefit to the riding community.

I almost wonder that if you work in the field, and give technical advice, then have your access removed if you could revoke your copyright making your posts in a forum copyright infringement? I have a full g/s restoration photodocumented there, and would pull the hosting account if it were not also posted on Horizons Unlimited who are decent. I really should have the option to modify my own posts if i choose. They are not Baldys

sending you a PM Adam...
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

ADVRider is not for everyone. I'm a member, not many posts, use a different username over there. On my 3rd post as a member, I got a PM from one of the mods saying I'd get kicked off if I kept up that behavior. The PM had me going, "Huh?" The post was maybe slightly sarcastic, but pointed at nor mentioned no one. I still go over there, post once in a great while, but whatever. There are a LOT of good folks over there who reguarly meet up in 3D, go on rides, etc. Good for them.

That said, Adam, it sounds like you've let this REALLY get to you. No good. It's JUST an internet forum, and apparently you've let being banned affect your total outlook on life. Put down the mouse, back away from the keyboard. It ain't worth it, life's too short to get upset over stuff like this.

I also understand that the BMWMOA forums aren't for everybody, either. But if restoring and working on an R80 G/S has been your thing, there are some pretty dang good resources here on the Airheads forum.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia