Thread: Bay Area Coast Ride (First Real Ride On Bike!)

tkdan235

Talking Bay Area Coast Ride (First Real Ride On Bike!)

After some final maintenance and repairs, I got my R75/5 out on the road and on a 200 mile trip yesterday! I have been the proud owner for a month now and am excited to go on these excursions for years to come.

I started out in Los Gatos up HWY9 to Santa Cruz. Then headed north on HWY 1 to Half Moon Bay. Then backtracked a bit and up a little known road to Skyline. Skyline took me back to HWY 9 and home.

I took plenty of pictures, I am posting my personal favorites from the trip. Enjoy!:

Santa Cruz Wharf with the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in the background. It was a perfect day!

One of the many beaches that lines HWY 1. Kite surfing is very popular here!

Pigeon Point Lighthouse, one of the most beautiful lighthouses I have seen. I have been inside and seen it operating when I was in a 5th grade field trip. =)

Another perspective from the side. Below on the right are some really amazing tide pools. I went and checked out the starfish.

One more perspective. =D

Half Moon Bay, CA

Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Patch. This is the patch of choice each and every year.

Verde Rd to Cutoff up to Skyline. This road was a blast to ride on, no traffic and you can really feel the torque going up the hill. 2nd gear anyone?

And of course Alice's restaurant. I think every bike deserves a picture in front of this notorious motorcycle hang out!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Great shots and a nice lookin' bike!
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

isavem1
    Love the shots!
    I used to crab fish off of that pier you are on when I was a kid.

Yessuh! With any luck, I'll have my R100 back on the road in the next few weeks! I'm thinking we need to organize an old bike ride here in the Bay Area. Maybe a lunch at Alice's or something?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I have the same bike in my garage.

There is a pile of money and a ton of time between what I have and your bike.

Your photos are inspirational.

Sweet ride and great photos. Thanks!

Love the ride up to

Alice's place and on over to Half Moon.

Great looking bike!

tkdan235
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    Yessuh! With any luck, I'll have my R100 back on the road in the next few weeks! I'm thinking we need to organize an old bike ride here in the Bay Area. Maybe a lunch at Alice's or something?
    Let me know when you do! I would love to do a trip just like the one above again. Especially with another airhead owner. =)

I have the same bike in my garage.

There is a pile of money and a ton of time between what I have and your bike.

Your photos are inspirational.

Sweet ride and great photos. Thanks!
    I love this bike so much, trust me your time and money is well worth it.

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks, I hope to continue sharing pictures such as this in the future.