Thread: Video-Three Tea Tour Intro

Video-Three Tea Tour Intro

What I wanted was the grainy film to move with the footage behind and to have a filter that put old film scratches on . Anyone know if there's such a filter in Final Cut Pro.

Also, the audio filters didn't seem to have anything that could "age" the audio. Any tips or thoughts.

Finally, on the intro intro...where I'm pouring tea, there's a hiss in the audio. Not on the music track and not on the levallier mic audio either, anyone know where it could have come from?

Cheers.

I talked to the Apple folks and in FCP, there's a button that will autoanimate the "film graining effect". Only problem is, you are applying animation to 30 frames per second and it takes up space on the HD, slows down rendering considerably, a few minutes to a few hours, plus most annoyingly of all, it throws the audio and video out of kilter.

I found the hiss...it was on the original music track...the penalty you pay for using 1930s music I guess. I've tried to adjust the levels, but it's still there.

I've also added some credits and other bits and bobs, so I'll post the new version here later today, for comparison and critiquing.

Cheers,

Lamble.

See what you think, then let me know. That audio hiss is still a pain though...any ideas?

*censored*
    I'm not familiar with final cut pro but here are some ideas.

As mentioned, grain is on each frame, and it changes. Why not make up a 10 or 12 frame clip of random grain and run is as a repeating layer?

I don't know about the scratches. I imagine there's probably a clip somewhere that you could download that would put scratches in. Add it as a layer and repeat it everyone once in a while, while moving the location or rotating it. Maybe even a "hair stuck in the projector" clip?

The hiss goes nicely with the old feel of the video. Maybe a slight hiss throughout the whole clip would ease the effects of the one spot where you have it now?

Quote Originally Posted by BONEY View Post
    I'm not familiar with final cut pro but here are some ideas.

As mentioned, grain is on each frame, and it changes. Why not make up a 10 or 12 frame clip of random grain and run is as a repeating layer?

I don't know about the scratches. I imagine there's probably a clip somewhere that you could download that would put scratches in. Add it as a layer and repeat it everyone once in a while, while moving the location or rotating it. Maybe even a "hair stuck in the projector" clip?

The hiss goes nicely with the old feel of the video. Maybe a slight hiss throughout the whole clip would ease the effects of the one spot where you have it now?
    Genius!

More hiss, rather than less...I love it.
    I'll have a dabble with a hair in the gate and see what that looks like too. But more hiss...honestly, I'm covered in bruises for not having thought of that...damn you are good.