Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Day Trips from Rally Site?

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Do you have the 77 mile sign as a way point?

Yes, tonight I will transform it into other formats...
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

MT State of mind

Dworshak

Many maps don't show this, but the two main routes for Dworshak Dam (through Cavendish or through Elk River, I believe; JetDoc can confirm the route numbers I bet) are all paved. Any of these routes to/from the rally site would be a good day trip. Orofino is a good sized town with all services.

Re: Dworshak

Originally posted by Montana
    Many maps don't show this, but the two main routes for Dworshak Dam (through Cavendish or through Elk River, I believe; JetDoc can confirm the route numbers I bet) are all paved. Any of these routes to/from the rally site would be a good day trip. Orofino is a good sized town with all services.
    It's been a couple of years since I visited the Dwarshak reservoir. At that time, some of the roads that used to be paved were not well maintained. I really don't know what the situation is now. I'd bet there are some fantastic rides in that area for the GS pilots, but my K12 prefers smoother surfaces to play on

MT State of mind
    Memorial weekend we rode the Cavendish route on R1200Cs and our route was freshly paved. In Orofino we met two ID riders, one on an R and one on an ST1300 if memory serves, they'd come from Elk River - all nicely paved.