Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Solo Ride Home From BC

Awesome pics and very nice write up!

Thanks for sharing!
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

Hey, Kev, great pix. Jeff always looks like that. I don't think it was because you were toast.

If you'd pay your Gateway Riders dues I could use one of your pix on the cover of the Gazette. Hint, hint...
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

Thanks! That was pretty awesome. Makes me want a GS even more.
    I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return. Please ask me to wait.
    Any tool if used improperly can be used as a hammer.

buzzez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Hey, Kev, great pix. Jeff always looks like that. I don't think it was because you were toast.

If you'd pay your Gateway Riders dues I could use one of your pix on the cover of the Gazette. Hint, hint...

I'm not paid up?

great pics but what i like the best is your brake lights mounted in your side boxes. is this something you did yourself or did you have it done some ware? i am very interested and you got me ready to cut some holes in my jesse's.

buzzez
    Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    great pics but what i like the best is your brake lights mounted in your side boxes. is this something you did yourself or did you have it done some ware? i am very interested and you got me ready to cut some holes in my jesse's.
    Thanks trashman You can pick up those lights at a trailer supply shop. I forget what I paid for them but it wasn't a whole lot. I did pay a little more for the led type though.
    They are hooked up to the running and brake light only...I never did caulk them in so they do leak a little...OK they leak pretty badly. Someday I will address that issue...

Yur my hero!!!

Great ride and post! A big thanks for sharing your experience with us!

What kind of grip covers are you using? they look pretty comfy! Also, noticed you have the big lean angle when on the sidestand. A cheap and quik fix is a hockey puck mounted to the sidestand plate. Bigger footprint and easy to mount!

If you don't mind, can you send me a pm on the grip covers, thanks in advance.

buzzez
    Quote Originally Posted by r1150gsadvrider View Post
    Great ride and post! A big thanks for sharing your experience with us!

What kind of grip covers are you using? they look pretty comfy! Also, noticed you have the big lean angle when on the sidestand. A cheap and quik fix is a hockey puck mounted to the sidestand plate. Bigger footprint and easy to mount!

If you don't mind, can you send me a pm on the grip covers, thanks in advance.
    Thanks, r1150gsadvrider

Hockey puck huh?..Now you tell me.

I could have use that a couple of weeks ago.

Those "puffy grips" are called Grip puppies. They cost about $9.00

Sorry

That;s me, a day late and a dollar (or two) short! A counersunk bolt in the center, thru the bottom plate and a couple of short self tapping scrws to keeper in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzez View Post
    Thanks, r1150gsadvrider

Hockey puck huh?..Now you tell me.

I could have use that a couple of weeks ago.

Those "puffy grips" are called Grip puppies. They cost about $9.00