Thread: Where to Get Vintage Parts????

buckeyeclark

Where to Get Vintage Parts????

I have a place here in Ohio; however, I seem to keep getting put on the back burner. "We will call Thursday" then when I call on Saturday they say "We will call Monday" and so on. Where else might I be able to order parts for my 59 R60?

Contact Craig "Vech" Vechorick at Bench Mark Works in Sturgis, MS. He not only has the parts you want, in stock, but he will spend an amazing amount of time on the phone with you, talking you through whatever maintenance or repair work you are trying to perform.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

buckeyeclark
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    Contact Craig "Vech" Vechorick at Bench Mark Works in Sturgis, MS. He not only has the parts you want, in stock, but he will spend an amazing amount of time on the phone with you, talking you through whatever maintenance or repair work you are trying to perform.
    Thank you very much I will give it a shot today!!!!

Little Egypt Airheads
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    Ditto. I got almost all parts I needed to restore my R50/2 from Bench Mark Works. Good guys though, as with all vintage parts, get yer wallet out.
    Little Egypt Airheads
    1966 R50/2
    1976 R75/6
    1980 R100RT

I've also spent time on the phone while Vech "built me a watch". Good friend of the marque. I also understand that Hucky's BMW sells vintage parts...never tried them, though.

http://hometown.aol.com/bmwhucky/BMWparts.htm
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I've also spent time on the phone while Vech "built me a watch". Good friend of the marque. I also understand that Hucky's BMW sells vintage parts...never tried them, though.

http://hometown.aol.com/bmwhucky/BMWparts.htm
    I have used both Hucky and Vech, and would not hesitate to deal with either, or both. Both guys are top-drawer, honest, and just plain helpful-to-a-fault! I feel like I am taking advantage, sometimes, but they really are great....

I tend to use Hucky more, just because I am somehow blessed with the ability to ride my /2 over to his place, and stand there with him, while he explains how-to, and his recomendations. Truly, I found out that Hucky is here in Vero AFTER I bought my /2! Hucky often has better prices, too.