Thread: Help! Need wiring instructions

Help! Need wiring instructions

Hello- I'm leaving for a 2 week trip tomorrow (Sat 8/9)- and I seem to have lost the install instructions for a Hyper-Lite kit for my '08 R12RT (it's the R1200RT II kit- with the 16 led's). I have the lights mounted on the bike and notched into the rear brake light housing- but I need to know which wires splice into which on the bike to get it working. It would be nice to get it working before I leave so if anyone happens to have a spare copy of the instructions laying around and might be able to summarize them here for me...like in the next few hours...that would be great!
    Jay
    '08 R12RT
    Denver, CO

Hyper-Lite Black Ground Wire - Brown

Hyper-Lite Gray Running Light Power - Gray w/Black Stripe or Red w/Green Stripe

Hyper-Lite Red Brake Light Power - Gray w/Yellow Stripe

This is right from their web site:

http://www.hyperlites.com/wiring.html
    BobFV1
    2010 R1200GS - "Sieglinde"
    2008 550i

Thanks. I saw those- there were some additional, R12RT instructions where you can either choose to splice into the security wiring plug or get power from an ignition source/can bus helper.
    Jay
    '08 R12RT
    Denver, CO

Well I'm off to Glacier. Was having trouble getting ahold of the Hyper-Lites folks and thought I'd throw in that last ditch effort. They'll probably respond to my email in a few weeks when I'm back and I'll sort it out then. In the meantime I've instructed my passenger to flap her arms like a pterodactyl when she senses I've hit the brakes- that oughta get their attention and the gyroscopic forces will probably stabilize the bike.....
    Jay
    '08 R12RT
    Denver, CO

LOL

Ride safe
    and have fun
    1981 Goldwing 1100i Gone but not Forgotten
    2007 BMW R 1200 RT

Life is Good