Thread: what's that tail bag??

Question what's that tail bag??

Couple weeks ago I saw a nifty little tail bag on a 1200ST. Closed cell foam, streamlined, black, maybe 8 X 10". Ordered the Chase Harper "Stealth" from Aerostitch and that's not it. The CH is considerably larger than what I saw. Looked at BMW products and found nada.

Any ideas about what I saw and where I might look?
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

thanx!

Thanx, Jim. i think that might be it. I looked at the ztech site and found a couple local dealers, one that's simply called ztechnic. So maybe I can get a close-up look before I buy. I appreciate the help.

Boy. The pix on the Ztech site are crap, though, aren't they?

5 minutes later... i just went back to their site and lo and behold! i think Z tech HQ is located about 5 miles from my house. I noticed an Illinois plate on one of the bikes shown, and they've listed a local ph#. i thinkI'm in business!
    Thanx, again!
    Last edited by 26667; 08-16-2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: tiny brain
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

RKA Luggage

If you are still searching, I just got one of these.
    http://www.rka-luggage.com/A03%20Sea...CA/18RKCA.html
    It worked great on a recent long trip. Keeps the wallet, cell phone, maps etc easily accessible and goes on and off quickly.
    I bought this bag because it was designed for what I feel is an oddly-shaped rear rack on my R12ST. Richard (the "R" in RKA) rides the same bike and calls it "his office". There's a bigger size too.

I like the ztechnik bag, first time I've seen it. It too is pictured on an ST, so the fit should be good. It looks small, but depends on how much crap you carry.

Regards,

Lou
    Lou
    San Ramon, Ca.

'05 R1200ST
    Dark graphite/Sydney Blue
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.