Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 302

Thread: 2009 Tennessee National Rally

  1. #16
    Hogaan! testinglogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Now that we know where to find you, make sure the beverage cooler is stocked after hours.

    Me? I still prefer credit card camping.
    Beverage cooler? I drink at the beer tent. The only thing I MIGHT have would be a flask of scotch. Tell you what; I'll bring a beverage cooler and keep things chilled if you make sure to clear some floor space if it happens to rain.

    For the record, I have nothing against staying in a hotel. if it helps more people come to the rally, I think it's a great thing!

  2. #17
    Novice Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    Tell you what; I'll bring a beverage cooler and keep things chilled if you make sure to clear some floor space if it happens to rain.


    Deal! Afterall, it wouldn't be the first time someone has crashed my hotel room.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marion,Ar.
    Posts
    4,894
    Thx for the update Vance. I know with Mari, Connie and U; the rally will be a success. Barry, your buddy from Arkansas.

  4. #19
    Rather Be Ridin' alabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Helena, Alabammer
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Thx for the update Vance. I know with Mari, Connie and U; the rally will be a success. Barry, your buddy from Arkansas.
    Looked for you in Gillette Barry but never saw you. Wondered about you though for sure!

    Thanks Hank for the photos! I believe there will be ample area for the camping folks but as always the premium spots will go first and I suspect very quickly.

    The last report I had from the Jameson was that they were sold out but they may have opened more rooms. The Mgr. there was "blown away" when folks were calling from Gillette to book! We had tried to warn these guys about the BMW "takeover" that was soon to take place...I think now they may be beginning to believe it!

    Thanks everyone for the offer to volunteer! We are sure going to need the help. As usual there will be upcoming information on how to sign up for that. I do expect this rally to set a record for attendance and that will mean more help will be needed than ever before. For the many that have volunteered in the past, you know what a rewarding experience it is. For those who haven't, I urge you to pick a job from the many available and sign up! The volunteer spirit is what makes this whole party so much fun! (How's that for recruiting early?)

    As I said for the rooms before..call around there are many options available in the surrounding area.

  5. #20
    Registered User fastdogs2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    337

    2009 Tennessee National Rally

    Vance,

    Thanks for chairing the 2009 Rally. I missed the Gillette Rally because it was too far and I diidn't have the vacation time.

    The Tennessee Rally is a nice ride from my home in North Carolina. I just made my hotel reservations for me and three riding companions. We are old guys and can't do the camping.

    I'm looking forward to this Rally.

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marion,Ar.
    Posts
    4,894
    Didn't make either the RA or MOA this year. I made both in '07. I'm planning on making the MOA '09. Hoping to get my '74 R90 ready for that ride. I hope to see Ya at one of the Al. Beemers gettogathers before the National. Barry

  7. #22
    On the Blue Roads RevWillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by BeemoKat View Post
    This one should be huge. I'll volunteer to work a shift in the beer tent.
    And we will need lots of volunteers in the beer tent at this National!

    Beer Tent opens on the Wednesday afternoon and we keep cranking till closing time Saturday. Get in early? Volunteer for the Wednesday night shift-you will be surprised by the attendance that night. After pulling a 4 hour shift the night before the Rally starts, you really get in the Rally Groove quickly!

    When you work at the beer tent, you see everybody at the rally.

    We'll be looking for you at the beer tent next July!
    Onward, through the fog!

  8. #23
    ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Manitowoc, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,076


    And that's just for starters!
    Looking forward to working with you again, sir! And perhaps Ossifer Bob, too?

    If you don't see everybody there, then you haven't been looking very hard!
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

  9. #24
    Chromehead bobs98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Marlton, South Jersey
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.Willie View Post
    And we will need lots of volunteers in the beer tent at this National!

    Beer Tent opens on the Wednesday afternoon and we keep cranking till closing time Saturday. Get in early? Volunteer for the Wednesday night shift-you will be surprised by the attendance that night. After pulling a 4 hour shift the night before the Rally starts, you really get in the Rally Groove quickly!

    When you work at the beer tent, you see everybody at the rally.

    We'll be looking for you at the beer tent next July!
    Count me IN!

    Looking forward to seeing "y'all" there. That's southern for "youse guys."

    BTW- What's the plural of "y'all?" ........ "All y'all."
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

  10. #25
    Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    Count me IN!

    Looking forward to seeing "y'all" there. That's southern for "youse guys."

    BTW- What's the plural of "y'all?" ........ "All y'all."
    Bob, you might need to bring a translator. I went to school with a fellow from Jersey and another from the Bronx. With my southern hillbilly drawl (southern has more than one accent), we needed a translator. In this area, fire sounds like far, tire sounds like tar, ain't is proper english and I'm considered a Yankee because I live in Virginia.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

  11. #26
    Chromehead bobs98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Marlton, South Jersey
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    Bob, you might need to bring a translator. I went to school with a fellow from Jersey and another from the Bronx. With my southern hillbilly drawl (southern has more than one accent), we needed a translator. In this area, fire sounds like far, tire sounds like tar, ain't is proper english and I'm considered a Yankee because I live in Virginia.
    Hi Ken,

    I don't need no stinkin' translator! I know that each letter is a syllable down there.

    I have roots in Chattanooga and lived in Richmond for 4 years and Fayetteville, NC for another 4 before returning to the area I grew up in.

    Looking forward to meeting you and your CLC in TN!
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

  12. #27
    Rather Be Ridin' alabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Helena, Alabammer
    Posts
    1,466
    [QUOTE=bobs98;354750]Hi Ken,

    I don't need no stinkin' translator! I know that each letter is a syllable down there.



    So "All Ya'll" think we talk funny huh? Not funny to me....I have had this accent all my life! Ya'll the ones that talk funny!

    Yeah, we may leave off a letter or two every now and then but why waste 'em?...we may need 'em later.

    There will be many "local" translators on site to help...believe me! Yep...this is gonna be fun!

  13. #28
    univers zero tessler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by vanmar27 View Post
    So "All Ya'll" think we talk funny huh? Not funny to me....I have had this accent all my life! Ya'll the ones that talk funny!

    Yeah, we may leave off a letter or two every now and then but why waste 'em?...we may need 'em later.

    There will be many "local" translators on site to help...believe me! Yep...this is gonna be fun!
    Vance, on the forum your accent sounds fine to me.

  14. #29
    goob Kev95gs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Nolensville, TN
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    BTW- What's the plural of "y'all?" ........ "All y'all."
    Y'all is plural.
    Youins is singular.





    Kevin

  15. #30
    Ride Safe! MDCRUISER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Potomac, Maryland
    Posts
    90
    We will be staying in historic Jonesborough (Tennessee's oldest town) -- wonderful B&B's there. We're booked at the Blair Moore House.

    My wife usually flies to the location (Lima, Milwaukee) but this time she will ride with me. Look forward to meeting a lot of you there. This is going to be great.
    *****************
    Michael
    05 R1200RT Dark Graphite

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •