Thread: Where are the Metzlers?

Where are the Metzlers?

The ME 88 Marathon on the rear of my '87 K100RS is due for replacement. The tire on the bike is a 130/90B17. I can't find that size anywhere. Is that right, and if so, any clue where I might find one?

Thanks in advance!

jcridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailingfool View Post
    The ME 88 Marathon on the rear of my '87 K100RS is due for replacement. The tire on the bike is a 130/90B17. I can't find that size anywhere. Is that right, and if so, any clue where I might find one?

Thanks in advance!
    ME880 140/80VB17 fits perfect on a K75, so I would assume it would work for the K100.

BUDDINGGEEZER
    ME 880 140/80x17 perfect fit on K100.

Ralph Sims

Yes - indeed!

We have the 140/80-17 Bias Ply ME 880 on all 3 of our K75's. The K100 wheel is the same. The older ME88 is rapidly becoming out of print, so to speak.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Me 880s

Thanks for the help guys. Anyone know if there's a problem mixing speed ratings? I just put an H rated front tire on, now it looks like the ME 880 is only available in a V rating. I know with car tires there are differences in sidewall stiffness and rubber compounds. Will it effect handling to mix?

Make sure the rear tire you are looking at is a bias ply tire to match the bias ply front.

The speed rating shouldn't make any difference as long as you have bias ply and not radial ply tires on both the front and rear of that bike.

Despite the fact tha BMW did it by design on the Funduro F650 bikes - don't mix bias and radial tires on the same bike - unless like the Funduro, the suspension was designed that way.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves