Thread: Boot shopping

Boot shopping

I am in the process of comparing Oxtar Matrix boots to Gaerne Movie boots, not in person, so I'd like to hear from others that have had either or both boots. I usually wear 8.5W or 9D mens& cannot try them on locally. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Thumbs up Oxtar is now TCX in the US

I have worn Oxtar Matrix boots for four years. They are great boots for all-day comfort. The break-in period is very short. I would still be wearing my first pair except one of the zippers blew out. So I ordered another pair. I like the Gore-Tex lining, it really works. The boots aren't too hot in the summer, but won't compare to some of the ventilated models now available.

I bought both pairs from New Enough in Texas. They now stock the TCX line. I've been really happy with their prices as well as their service.

Quote Originally Posted by longriderdesign View Post
    I have worn Oxtar Matrix boots for four years. They are great boots for all-day comfort. The break-in period is very short. I would still be wearing my first pair except one of the zippers blew out. So I ordered another pair. I like the Gore-Tex lining, it really works. The boots aren't too hot in the summer, but won't compare to some of the ventilated models now available.

I bought both pairs from New Enough in Texas. They now stock the TCX line. I've been really happy with their prices as well as their service.
    Same here. I have owned a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots that I bought from Newenough three years ago. I love them. Completely waterproof without being too heavy or too hot. They saved my left ankle form being broken in a crash two years ago.

hsprague

Wide foot fits Oxtar Matrix2

If you don't have a wide, thick, "meaty" foot, the Oxtar (TCX now) isn't the right boot for you. It's a very generous fit and I've been able to fit guys who thought they couldn't wear motorcycle boots into it.

Not sure about the Gaerne. New Rev'it boots are great for those of us with lower volume feet. BMW ProTouring is my current favorite if money isn't a problem.

Howard
    Apparel Manager, Bob's BMW

Two Pair Oxtars

I have two pair of the Oxtars, one all leather and one with the nylon inserts. Both have been tremendous wearing boots for me. Prior to these I had the BMW boots that Oxtar look like. To repeat here, I have what are considered med to narrow width feet and these boots fit fine and are comfortable for hiking quite a ways too. I like to see things from up close, not just from the saddle of the bike.
    I too have dealt with New Enough and highly recommend them.

Only negative comment. I don't think they polish up as easy.????????

Quote Originally Posted by tbryant View Post
    Try the BMW Airflow, they are very comfortable and breathe extremely well.

Terry
    1+ on the BMW Airflow Boot.
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt