Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Wyoming Speeding Ticket

  1. #61
    Registered User redclfco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    .....you also took responsibility for your decision to speed, and I find that both admirable and rare among this demographic......
    .
    What I find a mystery is how anyone could get a ticket , and NOT take full reponsibility! A warning ticket or a reduction of charge can't be factored in when making the decison to speed. When I've been speeding, and caught, I am responsible; who else? I chose to speed, and then if caught, must accept the full responsibility. That is the game we play, and the rules are clear on the outset of getting your permit! It makes it very hard when running machines that are full well designed to run 80-90 as well as 60 to 70.

    Any warning or reduction is just icing on the cake!

    Red

  2. #62
    Cage Rattler wezul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Posts
    3,524
    Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    What I find a mystery is how anyone could get a ticket , and NOT take full reponsibility! A warning ticket or a reduction of charge can't be factored in when making the decison to speed. When I've been speeding, and caught, I am responsible; who else? I chose to speed, and then if caught, must accept the full responsibility. That is the game we play, and the rules are clear on the outset of getting your permit! It makes it very hard when running machines that are full well designed to run 80-90 as well as 60 to 70.

    Any warning or reduction is just icing on the cake!

    Red
    Indeed. I got stopped in Dodge County (WI) last weekend. 72 in a 55. I pulled over, the officer walked up and I said to him with my hands in the air, "guilty"! Hey, I was, what am I going to do, try to weasel out of it? Wait, that didn't come out right!

  3. #63
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    3,409

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    What I find a mystery is how anyone could get a ticket , and NOT take full reponsibility! A warning ticket or a reduction of charge can't be factored in when making the decison to speed. When I've been speeding, and caught, I am responsible; who else? I chose to speed, and then if caught, must accept the full responsibility. That is the game we play, and the rules are clear on the outset of getting your permit! It makes it very hard when running machines that are full well designed to run 80-90 as well as 60 to 70.

    Any warning or reduction is just icing on the cake!

    Red
    Well said.

    Ride Safe.

  4. #64
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    3,409

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Indeed. I got stopped in Dodge County (WI) last weekend. 72 in a 55. I pulled over, the officer walked up and I said to him with my hands in the air, "guilty"! Hey, I was, what am I going to do, try to weasel out of it? Wait, that didn't come out right!
    Good for you.

    Well...................did you get a ticket?!

  5. #65
    Cage Rattler wezul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Posts
    3,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Good for you.

    Well...................did you get a ticket?!
    In Dodge County?! What do you think?
    Honestly, I should have known better, especially in those parts.
    The ride around Horicon marsh was beautiful and I found real honest to goodness 100% gas premium at the BP in Waupun.
    I didn't have the heart to tell the officer if he had crested the rise 20 seconds earlier he would have had me at 95.

    Guilty!

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,104
    I got a picture in the mail a couple of years ago of one of my sons sipping a drink from a paper cup ,while tooling down the I road in Phoenix. I sold him the Z3 and both our names (he is single)were on the title/registration. I did a little research on the photo speeding thing and of course it is a major industry there and some other places. A lawyer has a book out for those lucky persons who get the photo, and there is much on the web regarding the subject.There is even a school of legal thought that the tickets are not legal. Either way , with the picture thing, it is really about the money, and I will not be convinced otherwise. I personally know some of those that live with the reality (cops and emergency workers)of driving drunk and too fast and dealing with the gore and sadness that surrounds it, so I am not ignoring the serious side of speeding in the wrong place or road conditions,etc.. He was driving "at the same speed as everyone else", as we are given to say, and got lucky. Woe unto those that would drive too slow in a metro area and risk the tailended issue!
    But on the other hand , it does sound so adult and patriotic and oh, I could just go on and on, it makes tears come to my eyes to read the thoughts of you who "Take Ownership of your guilt". WOW! Sure, we all know what the speeding is trying to prevent, but the overdone allocation of valuable officers to the way it is enforced is a joke to many of us. I went in for a ticket on a 4 lane near me around ten years ago(62 in a 55 limit-they had gotten a grant to move up enforcement on this stretch(which almost never has an accident!) and the large courtroom was full-there were like over a hundred in there. The deal was ,if you plead guilty , the judge would defer the fine and court costs, but if caught again you had to pay the old and new tickets. I live in a state where to get my MC license I had to ride around the block with the examiner following me and there is no vehicle inspection law. You tell me, that money would not be better spent on Driver Education, vehicle inspection and dealing with drunks via traffic stops-which seem to yield results, so I read. It is a fact that my nearby university stopped doing driver education teacher certification in 1975!It is also a fact that many if not most HS schools in the country don't offer driver education anymore. That is where the efforts need to focus, not on catching my son on the I road going 60+ mph or the other -I'll say unnecessary speeding tickets that get written.
    I am trying to stir the pot a bit, if you can't tell...

  7. #67
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    3,409

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post

    But on the other hand , it does sound so adult and patriotic and oh, I could just go on and on, it makes tears come to my eyes to read the thoughts of you who "Take Ownership of your guilt". WOW! Sure, we all know what the speeding is trying to prevent, but the overdone allocation of valuable officers to the way it is enforced is a joke to many of us.

    I am trying to stir the pot a bit, if you can't tell...:blah



    Thank you for volunteering to speak for 'this demographic' I made reference too in an earlier thread. Personal responsibility is no joke and is truly becoming quite rare among motorcycle riders (and cagers too!).

    As for the pot, I don't think you managed to stir it...perhaps a slight ripple, but definitely not stirred. All of the points you made reference poor allocation of funding are correct. But all that pointed out was that more, not less financing is sorely needed in traffic law enforcement and education.

    As funds dry up, the LAST thing to go will be the actual enforcement efforts of patrol officers; not the programs we also desperately need.

    Come to the rally.....we could debate all this further over a cold one.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,104
    Thanks for the invite-I'll be @ TN but found Gillette,WY a bit hard to get excited about,and thats coming from someone who is going to WY in a couple of weeks on vacation with the wife in a truck/camper! To the mountains that is.I'll tell you about an interesting experience I had with the Indiana State Police this memorial day. It was the kind that can change ones perspective about law enforcement officers and what kinda place we live in!I'll write it down as a testimony to how bad a stop can get for going 65 in a 60 on an old 4 lane divided hwy!See you in Tn/09-blk - 03- R1150R-old stocky guy with red helmet.

  9. #69
    Thick As A Brick r184's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,315
    Suck it up and pay the ticket. Unless your in danger of loosing your licence or the points will get your insurance to cancel you, it easy just to pay.

    You took your chances and got caught. Don't let it bother you, lots and lots of people get tickets. Doesn't mean they're bad or evil, they made a little mistake and got caught.


    If you do fight the ticket; take traffic school if offered to you and never, never never say you were speeding. If you admit to speeding, then you will be found guilting, regardless of the reason. If the ticketing officer didn't give you a break, then the judge or traffic commissioner won't either. And never, never, never lie in court (and an ommission is not a lie).

    (press hard, 4 copies)

  10. #70
    Registered User jcpuckett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by GDWallace View Post
    Suck it up and pay the ticket. Unless your in danger of loosing your licence or the points will get your insurance to cancel you, it easy just to pay.

    You took your chances and got caught. Don't let it bother you, lots and lots of people get tickets. Doesn't mean they're bad or evil, they made a little mistake and got caught.

    If you do fight the ticket; take traffic school if offered to you and never, never never say you were speeding. If you admit to speeding, then you will be found guilting, regardless of the reason. If the ticketing officer didn't give you a break, then the judge or traffic commissioner won't either. And never, never, never lie in court (and an ommission is not a lie).

    (press hard, 4 copies)
    How 'bout 45 in a 30 mph zone in Byron, WY (a well known Speed Trap)? The points would have raised my insurance premium $1,000 per year (from $500 to $1,500).

    I have received 4 speeding tickets on my 1150RT in 4 years. All less than 20 mph over posted. In Missouri points don't disappear very quickly. 1/2 after 2 years; then 1/2 at the end of year 3, and so on and so forth. Our insurance company, American Family, keeps speeding tickets on your record for even longer.

    So I paid an attorney $75.00 to plead guilty to a "cracked windshield".
    Jim Puckett
    www.notsupermanrally.com
    IBA 24142
    MOA 112409

  11. #71
    Thick As A Brick r184's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,315

    Unhappy

    A wise use of $75 dollars. Moving violation goes away, you keep your licence, you have a nothing mechanical violation on your record and life goes on.

    Too bad they can't all be that easy.

    Read in a British M/C magazine that in the U.K. you can be imprisoned for a year for some moving violations (like exceeding 100 mph). Doesn't seem right, being jailed for speeding (As long as you don't endanger or hurt someone).

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,104
    Lets turn this into a "who got the most ridiculous speeding ticket" thread! I'll start off with the time around 1979-80, I was going KC to St. L on I-70, driving my 1976 Toyota Corolla SW(1600cc-pretty fast car!) and was stopped by a county sheriffs deputy,he was wearing a blue Perry Como sweater, white shirt and had a gold badge thereon and a real revolver.The car was the real thing too! Well he said I was charged with racing another car that I had supposedly been near on the hwy, or so he said. I had my Wife and three sons-all under 3 yrs old- and driving this pretty crappy car and asked him if he was serious? I then am told that my car will be taken and I'll be escorted to jail if I don't "get serious" or something to that effect. End result was no ticket and much wasted time, but had to be the corker of all time as I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I've got a better one about the Indiana State police this May, but I'm saving it for the TN rally as it is hopefully going to earn me a mooched cold one from an MOA LEO !

  13. #73
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    3,409

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Lets turn this into a "who got the most ridiculous speeding ticket" thread! I'll start off with the time around 1979-80, I was going KC to St. L on I-70, driving my 1976 Toyota Corolla SW(1600cc-pretty fast car!) and was stopped by a county sheriffs deputy,he was wearing a blue Perry Como sweater, white shirt and had a gold badge thereon and a real revolver.The car was the real thing too! Well he said I was charged with racing another car that I had supposedly been near on the hwy, or so he said. I had my Wife and three sons-all under 3 yrs old- and driving this pretty crappy car and asked him if he was serious? I then am told that my car will be taken and I'll be escorted to jail if I don't "get serious" or something to that effect. End result was no ticket and much wasted time, but had to be the corker of all time as I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I've got a better one about the Indiana State police this May, but I'm saving it for the TN rally as it is hopefully going to earn me a mooched cold one from an MOA LEO !

    If it's as good as you hint, I might even spring for a refill!!

  14. #74
    Registered User RINTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    4,237

    speeding ticket

    Maybe one of the mods can start a new thread at kantuckid's post.

    Rinty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •