Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thankyou Karol and Deb...

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar

Thankyou Karol and Deb...

I don't know how you did it but you designed the most perfect weather out here that one could hope for. A storm at night...sorry about the tent fly blowing away to those who lost one, but the days have been incredibly nice. Sunny, breezy, and in the '80s.
    Hot damn!

Oh wait, cowboy country...Yippee!

Oh wait again...it's a great rally too. We think well organized and well attended. Super facility.

Viki and Jack
    Last edited by cjack; 07-19-2008 at 03:07 PM.
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

From MARS
    They did do a good job, and they're gracious as well. During my stint on the main gate, Karol took the time to ride out and say "thank you".

I didn't stay long, but what time I did spend there was great.

Tom

Rharrod

YES,big thank you Deb and karol

Thanks for all the hard work over the last year. I for one had a good time, even if it was in Gillette! I helped out at registration, Wednesday and Thursday and ended up with 2 1/2 shifts and loved it, I had a lots of fun! I got to do the demo rides all three days, now that was a blast. It was nice to see all the venders that we don't have anywhere around here. I made new friends for all over. Thank you for the rally, you two did a outstading job!!!So, my hats off to you. Richard

Fort Collins, Colorado and Cheyenne, Wyoming

Thumbs up Superb job, great Rally !!!

Superb job on the rally, from a rally virgin. Amazing what you all pulled together with just volunteers. I put in some time at the charging booth, met lotsa folks, and had a great time. I'm working on my photos now.
    --Doug

2002 R1150GS
    MOA #104910, Twisted Shaft Motorcycle Club #241

adamceckhardt
    A big +1 I was quite taken back at how great the rally was! thanks to EVERYONE who helped put it together!

+1

I want to add my thanks too! A fabulous facility! Well organized, well executed! Thanks also to all the volunteers that helped to make it a great event! Especially the Shuttle folks. Those shuttles to the N. 40 made the rally really work. A lot of folks missed out by not coming to Gillette.
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

Karol and Deb,

You did a great job. Putting on a national rally is a lot of work and both of you worked hard. Every time I saw either one of you, you were always looking after the details which is what makes the difference.

Thank you for all your hard work and making the rally a great time.

Jim Lawrence

Angry Great job for what??

Guys, were you at the same rally I was? Almost everything about this was a joke. Gillette Wyoming?? No trees, no shade. I enjoyed the 1/2 mile hike to the showers. By the time I walked back to the camp area, I needed another shower. The Music was so lame. The complete lack of food was unacceptable!! The painfully long closing ceremony was full of worthless contest winners. Who Cares about that crap? We talked with so many people who had the some opinion as us. Very disapointed

Good times.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

Guys, were you at the same rally I was? Almost everything about this was a joke. Gillette Wyoming?? No trees, no shade. I enjoyed the 1/2 mile hike to the showers. By the time I walked back to the camp area, I needed another shower. The Music was so lame. The complete lack of food was unacceptable!! The painfully long closing ceremony was full of worthless contest winners. Who Cares about that crap? We talked with so many people who had the some opinion as us. Very disapointed
    This was my second rally and I guess I don't have much experience to judge this against, however, in the spirit of full disclosure I would like to make the following points:

• Shade: Not a state secret see: BYOS - http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...highlight=BYOS
    • Showers: Actually, the showers were co-located in the main camping area, the camping around the event area was never intended as the main camping area and the shower facilities were clearly marked on the rally map. http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally08/...8_site_map.pdf
    • Music: Different strokes for different folks, and so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby. - Sly and the Family Stone
    • Food: Didn't eat much of the stuff because I was too busy volunteering. Schwan's Hamburger was good and the BBQ was not bad wait was a little long. What can you say it's rally / fairgrounds food, I did not expect to see Emeril setting up shop - Pork Fat Rules!!. http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...highlight=food
    • Closing Ceremony: Guess we all know who did not win a prize

If you don't like something get involved and fix it. This is your association. A lot of good people put a lot of their own time and effort to pull this off. Was it the best rally in the history of MOA - probably not, however, anytime not spent at work is a good day.

Finally, in the immortal words of Thumper: "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
    Don Burns
    '02 R 1150 GSA
    "If everything is coming your way, then you're in the wrong lane."- Unknown

I can't say one good thing about the Gillette Rally.

I can list many that I experienced.
    There were some lines for some food, but I never waited more than a half hour, and I enjoy standing around and talking with BMW riders.
    Chalk me off as odd.

I enjoyed the music, the rain, if you have to have it, was timely.
    Some have described what might be considered negative, aspects of this rally. Unfortunately, everyone of these things has happened at other Nat'ls, in one way or another, these things happen. I was prepared, as was everybody in our group. The fact that Gillette was [insert negative description of town] in no way took from my experience. People asked me what was going on at the Camplex and were very friendly. They had all the things I needed, food, ice and pop/soda. We had a great meal at the Mexican restaurant about a mile from the rally, no Beemer riders there. I was sad that I didn't find 3 forum members I really wanted to meet. I did meet many others though, which was great. I had a great time, but I was expecting to no matter what.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesK12GT View Post
    Must you rain on everyones parade?

If you go to a motorcycle rally, expect to bring your own food and take few showers.

..and the closing ceremony would carry on without you; just leave.

Do you expect us to respond to your whining by PM'ing you some internet kleenex?

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    Must you rain on everyones parade?

If you go to a motorcycle rally, expect to bring your own food and take few showers.

..and the closing ceremony would carry on without you; just leave.

Do you expect us to respond to your whining by PM'ing you some internet kleenex?
    Ahh, Crazydrummerdude, I was pointing out the failures of this rally so that others might know it wasn't that great. If the MOA promises food for an event, then we should expect to get it. That's all.

Please send the kleenex as soon as possible. I've used all of mine wiping the tears of laughter at your and others comments to my posts. Are your personal attacks at me any more appropriate than my comments about the rally? At least I didn't direct my comments at any one person. Have a great day Dude.

Mikey boy reminds me of a seagull,if he ain't ****tin',he's squawkin'. Quitcherbitchin'and volunteer next time.
    Nose

adamceckhardt
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesK12GT View Post
    Mike,

I'm pretty sure that this thread was supposed to be a big thank you to the people who made it happen. You can take your sardonic comments elsewhere as far as I'm concerned. It wouldn't have taken a lot of research on your part to discover that Gillette is remote, to say the least, and that you should have just stayed home if that wasn't your cup of tea.

My fiance and I made the best of it. She didn't have a problem with the showers, and was in fact grateful that they were there. I learned a few things at various seminars, saw a lot of neat bikes that I've never been lucky enough to see in person before, met a bunch of GREAT people off the forums, and enjoyed the ride to and from the rally.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend. I know that I need the occasional attitude adjustment. Maybe you just need a tune up?

Adam