Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Gillette: Rally? What Rally?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brookfied WI
    Posts
    344

    Gillette: Rally? What Rally?

    As someone who didn't go to the National this year I was surprised by the lack of postings and photos from the Rally...did anyone with a camera go to this National?
    "During Prohibition I survived on nothing but food and water." - W.C. Fields

  2. #2
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmetal View Post
    As someone who didn't go to the National this year I was surprised by the lack of postings and photos from the Rally...did anyone with a camera go to this National?
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27850

    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27808

    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27826

    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27843

    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27844

    for example...there are more.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmetal View Post
    As someone who didn't go to the National this year I was surprised by the lack of postings and photos from the Rally...did anyone with a camera go to this National?
    There have been a few threads. Certainly has been more quiet on the photo posting side than in the past. I haven't seen anything up on the rally web site . . . seems like it has had photos posted on an ongoing basis before.
    Maybe it's because everyone is still on the road headed home.

  4. #4
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    546
    I'd post some pics except my cheapo tent leaked during the storm and my camera was destroyed by the mini-flood I just picked up a replacement from Wally-world and hopefully it can read my memory card

  5. #5
    Registered User RINTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    4,302

    what rally

    I would think a majority of registrats are still working their way home, or are continuing on extended rides. Many don't travel with laptops.

    I think we'll see lots of shots in a few days.

    Rinty

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    I would think a majority of registrats are still working their way home, or are continuing on extended rides. Many don't travel with laptops.

    I think we'll see lots of shots in a few days.

    Rinty
    Strange that MOA didn't do more on their web site during the rally. The silence around the rally on other motorcycle forums with BMW presence is deafening.

    I'd agree with you about travel biting into posting . . . I'm looking forward to some additional posts and photos about the rally.

  7. #7
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    Strange that MOA didn't do more on their web site during the rally. The silence around the rally on other motorcycle forums with BMW presence is deafening.
    GSpot is still pretty busy.

  8. #8
    Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    3,076
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffMiller View Post
    I'd post some pics except my cheapo tent leaked during the storm and my camera was destroyed by the mini-flood I just picked up a replacement from Wally-world and hopefully it can read my memory card
    If you've got a card reader, any computer should be able to read the card. Hopefully, there's something on it.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

    -Tom (KA1TOX)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •