Thread: Nice little ride in Little Rhody

Nice little ride in Little Rhody

I went out for a tune up ride in prep for taking the Beemer back to VA. I've ridden just about everywhere in Rhode Island so I was surprised to find a new road.

Pick up Rt 165 West off of Rt 95, head into Connecticut. In Voluntown take Rt 49 South towards Westerly. It's not a long run, Rt 49 is only about 15 miles long from here, but it's a pretty country road with lots of little twists and turns through heavily wooded areas.

Stokes
    "Keep the rubber side down"

I've been getting systematic about riding RI, trying to find all the public dirt roads in the state. I'm using a Gazeteer and marking every road I travel. I'm going out for a lunch ride today, perhaps I'll try your suggestion. Plenty of dirt if you go north from about the point you headed south.

-dave

Re: Nice little ride in Little Rhody

Originally posted by Stokes_R100RT
    I went out for a tune up ride in prep for taking the Beemer back to VA. I've ridden just about everywhere in Rhode Island so I was surprised to find a new road.

Pick up Rt 165 West off of Rt 95, head into Connecticut. In Voluntown take Rt 49 South towards Westerly. It's not a long run, Rt 49 is only about 15 miles long from here, but it's a pretty country road with lots of little twists and turns through heavily wooded areas.

Stokes
    I know where you mean, I've been on that road. I love the Northeast corner of CT, there are some wonderful back roads there. I simply take turns and follow the cursor, as it moves along the screen of my GPS. Being a bicycle rider/racer, both road and mountain, I know a lot of back roads and never hesitate to ride em.....